Sunday, May 24, 2015

Movie Review: Mad Max: Fury Road

Gritty. Absurd. Nasty. Insane. Brilliant. I needed some time to process what I've just witnessed. Quite frankly, it's hard to fully explain in mere words the experience that was Mad Max: Fury Road. I genuinely had doubts with the film, but it didn't take long for me to become completely immersed by the movie's atmosphere. On a visual scale, the film was impressively striking. The design and execution was extraordinary, the cinematography was staggering, the action sequence were spectacular and not, by any means, tiresome. The story, while simple and cliched, did not lack substance, the direction was masterful, and the acting performance, especially from Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy was magnetic. Were there flaws? Sure, but they're mostly forgivable. At this point, I can't heap enough praise upon Mad Max: Fury Road. It's a modern masterpiece. See it. 9.5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...