Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The Voice 10: Top 10

This season is turning out to be fairly disappointing. What happened? Yes, I've been b*tching about how underwhelming this season has become since the live shows started and yet, nothing! The quality of performances tonight were too extreme - you have an incredibly BAD performance and something impressively outstanding - and I can't wrap my head around it. Can they finish this season already? Somehow, I'm looking forward to the Miley Cyrus-Alicia Keys season.

On with the show!

10. Daniel Passino
I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
[TEAM PHARRELL]
He should be disqualified on the song choice alone. Oh, and that falsetto was the WORST! 1

09. Nick Hagelin
I Can't Help It
[TEAM CHRISTINA]
Why does he keep on using his weak falsetto? This was a relatively better performance from him compared to last week, but that's not saying much. 5

08. Paxton Ingram
It's All Coming Back To Me Now
[TEAM BLAKE]
Eh. Not sure about the song choice, but he did the best he could with the song though not as powerful and magnetic as Break Every Chain. Could last week's stirring performance a fluke? 5.5

07. Shalyah Fearing
My Kind of Love
[TEAM ADAM]
Shalyah's losing steam. No, her version of Emile Sande's My Kind of Love wasn't terrible, but this just wasn't good enough to propel her into the frontrunner status. Her vocals were uneven, but as soon as she latched on to her connection with the material, the performance shifted to something impressive. If only she was more consistent.. 7

06. Bryan Bautista
Promise
[TEAM CHRISTINA]
His transitions were good and his falsetto impressively solid - Nick Hagelin, please take note - but there's something about his performance that was strangely underwhelming. I don't know. The performance just went nowhere - maybe the arrangement or Bryan himself? 7

05. Mary Sarah
Stand By Your Man
[TEAM BLAKE]
Generic, but fairly good. I've been complaining about Mary not tapping into the old school country music, and now that she has finally did, she was pretty much golden. No, I'm not a big fan of this genre, but she sounded good and there's authenticity to this performance that I haven't seen from her in the longest time. 7.5

04. Laith Al-Saadi
The Thrill Is Gone
[TEAM ADAM]
While he did nothing to improve on this classic, I can't deny the fact that this performance was pretty solid. I genuinely think that Laith is peaking at the right time and him not veering away from his comfort zone is, somehow, working for him. It makes for an annoyingly predictable run on the show, but I digress. 8

03. Adam Wakefield
I Got A Woman
[TEAM BLAKE]
I wasn't expecting him to go full on uptempo this week, but he did it with aplomb. His voice sounded terrific, there was a joy and confidence to his performance that was quite compelling to watch, and the piano playing was impressive. I still believe Adam can actually pull an upset and beat Alisan this season. 8

02. Hannah Huston
Rolling In The Deep
[TEAM PHARRELL]
I groaned at the song choice, but Hannah had enough grit, passion, and range to her that made me enjoy this more than I expected. The sheer power of her voice was a perfect match to the song and she incorporated a good amount of dynamics to somehow separate this from other million versions of the song. Yes, I've seen better covers, but this wasn't bad. 8

01. Alisan Porter
Let Him Fly
[TEAM CHRISTINA]
FINALLY! Alisan decided to pull back vocally and it was glorious! Let Him Fly was everything I wanted to hear from her. The stripped down arrangement was gorgeous, her voice sounded fantastic without being annoyingly screechy, the dynamic was spot on, and she delivered it with palpable emotions. Hands down, one of my favorite performances from her. 9.5


WHO SHOULD GO HOME?
Daniel Passino

WHO WILL GOM HOME?
Daniel Passino

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...