Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Voice 8: Blind Auditions Part 1

Eighth season. That's right. In a matter of four years, The Voice US already aired eight seasons! While it's exhausting - I don't think I've moved on with Season 7's results yet - it's nice to see a different dynamics with Christina Aguilera in the mix and Pharrell.

I'm still waiting for a season with Usher, Pharrell, Christina and Shakira, thought that's less likely to happen as the show needs someone to represent the genre of Blake Shelton and Adam Levine. But, a man can dream. Haha. As for the premier episode, it's a solid one with a lot of singers from different genre.

On with the show!

Sarah Potenza
Stay With Me
[TEAM BLAKE]
She has a nice rasp to her voice, but I'm not sold with her. And yes, that's all I have to say about her. 5.5

Lowell Oakley
Don't Get Around Much Anymore
[TEAM PHARRELL]
Very interesting. While I'm not particularly a fan of Lowell's voice, there's a pleasing quality and richness to his tone that I like. I don't think he's interesting enough to last that long, but we'll see how Pharrell will handle him. I mean, he's terrible at everything past Blind Auditions. Haha. 6.5

Rob Taylor
I Want You
[TEAM CHRISTINA]
He had me until he hit those odd falsetto. He reminds me so much of Trevin Hunte and that's not exactly a good thing. 4

Cody Wickline
He Stopped Loving Her Today
[TEAM BLAKE]
Old school country. There's something about his phrasing that's a bit off putting, but that being said, he's got potential especially under Blake's supervision. It's too predictable though at this point that country artists are going with him. 6

Treeva Gibson
Young And Beautiful
[TEAM CHRISTINA]
Possibly one of the favorites in this episode. Yes, she needs to work on his intonation as she hit some rough patches in the middle of the chorus, but the raw quality of her tone is gorgeous. With the right material and coaching, she's a potential dark horse. 7

Meghan Linsey
Love Hurts
[TEAM PHARRELL]
So, Blake conveniently didn't turn for her? To be hones, I think she would've been better off with Christina as they have the same sound and technique, but I guess she didn't see how Pharrell royally screwed up his team last season. Haha. But really, Meghan has a really solid voice and it will be a shame to see it put to waste. 7

Joshua Davis
I Shall Be Released
[TEAM BLAKE]
Forgettable. Next. 5

Sawyer Fredericks
I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow
[TEAM PHARRELL]
Not going to lie, Sawyer's not my cup of tea, but I can't deny the fact that he's arguably the best in this episode. His vocals were solid, his interpretation of the song was interesting, and he just got a major talent and potential to do good in this competition. But then, he picked Pharrell and that made his chances non-existent. Haha. 7.5 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...