Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The Voice 9: Blind Auditions Part 2

I have to admit, I didn't expect things to pick up from yesterday, but there were a couple of solid blind auditions tonight. Sure, it still didn't make me excited for the season, but I'm hoping for a few more outstanding performances from here on out.

Oh, and why did they montaged three of Gwen's artists? Ha.

On with the show!

Blind Joe
If It Hadn't Been For Love
[TEAM BLAKE]
I can't deny the fact that he can sing, but he sounded like he can't keep up with the rhythm of the song. His timing was slightly off, but he has tone that could do something other than country. 6

Ivonne Acero
Style
[TEAM PHARRELL]
Not sure if I remembered her blind auditions last season, but this was actually quite solid. Her pitch was consistent, there's a nice rich tone to her voice, and she held her own given the stylized melody of this Taylor Swift hit. She interests me, to be honest. 8

Regina Love
Rock Steady
[TEAM ADAM]
I liked that she picked an obscure Aretha Franklin song, but while there's power and intensity to her delivery, her overall presentation was too dated for my taste. I don't know. 6.5

Zach Seabaugh
Take Your Time
[TEAM BLAKE]
As many of you know, I'm not particularly a fan of country music. That said, Zach's blind audition actually sounded good. Yes, he needs to work on his vocal control, but that deep husky tone - slightly reminiscent of Scotty McCreery's - was pretty awesome. 7.5

Evan McKeel
Typical
[TEAM PHARRELL]
Very nice. I wasn't expecting much from him, but that was a strong performance. His voice fit perfectly with the song, his range was fantastic, there's great vocal control, and his connection to the song was palpable. Possibly one of the strongest blind auditions yet. 8

Emily Ann Roberts
I Hope You Dance
[TEAM BLAKE]
She's pretty with a lovely voice, but sadly, nothing special. I was hoping she'd go to Adam and be like Amber Carrington, but maybe that's asking for too much. Haha. 6.5

Ellie Lawrence
We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off
[TEAM GWEN]
Her version wasn't as fantastic and introspective as Calum Scott, but there's something magnetic about Ellie. There's a quirky quality to her tone that's interesting along with her phrasing choices. 8

James Dupre
Let Her Cry
[TEAM ADAM]
I'm a bit baffled why James closed the episode tonight. While he was mostly on pitch, there's nothing remotely interesting about his version of the song. It actually almost sounded too languid. 6

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...