Friday, January 16, 2015

DAM NATION: Fifth Anniversary!

It's DAM NATION's fifth anniversary! Yay!

1,810 blog posts. 1 million hits. 3 hacking incidents. A handful of hate mails from fans. A quoted review at BBC Radio UK. Moments where the blog was considered "PRESS". A best entertainment blog nomination at the Philippine Blog Awards. A number of loyal and dedicated readers. THAT'S FIVE CRAZY YEARS!

True, this may not seem like a lot, but it's an achievement that's nothing to sneeze at. DAM NATION has been the most consistent thing I've done in a long time, and it's just rewarding to see the support the blog gets from readers throughout those five years - no matter what topics I post. No words to describe how good it feels that my little pet project could be enjoyed by a shockingly good number of people.

So let me make a big deal out of this, and make this post an excuse to thank everyone! Thank you to those who visited the blog religiously - and even to those who just dropped by the site once and never again. Haha. Thank you to those who took their time to post comments because that somehow made everything a little more interesting and dynamic than usual here. Thank you to the people who contributed an article or two for DAM NATION. Thank you to those who kept on challenging my ideas, to those who were continuously pulling the blog down, and of course, to the people who defended me from trolls.

I came into this blogging world not knowing what I was doing, but whatever I did to deserve such a dedicated and supportive readers, I'm thankful! Hopefully, this blog will stay on for the next couple more years! Cheers.

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...