Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Movie Review: The Little Prince

Let me say this right off the bat, I have NOT read The Little Prince - so I can only go by with what I saw since I certainly can't comment and compare this from the actual book - but for the most part, I must say that I was genuinely entertained. Sure, the tone of the film was too low key that some may find it a bit bland and uneventful - especially kids - but there's something refreshing about it. On a technical standpoint, everything was above reproach. The stop-motion animation was a superbly executed, it was visually vibrant, the backdrops were exquisitely rendered, the soundtrack and scoring was sublime, and the voice acting was well done. I thought the characters were nuanced enough for kids to grasp, but not too simplistic for adults. It was a rather poetic narrative as well and while the pacing came off a tad uneven, I really didn't mind. If I have one gripe about the film, it would have to be the forced and flat last act. It could've been a lot better. to say the least. The Little Prince was delightful, different and visually wonderful. I don't think it's for everyone and it wasn't perfect by any means, but I was left with a pleasant feeling inside. 8

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...