Friday, April 8, 2016

American Idol 15: Grand Series Finale!

Another season in the books, and yes, it's the final one!

I've been watching this cheesiest show for fifteen long years. Can you believe that? It has become a part of my life in such a way that worries and concerns me. Every year, I literally plan five months of my life around a glorified karaoke competition. That's the saddest thing I have ever heard. Haha. If you really stop and think about it.. that's pretty insane.

I'm a 30-year-old man who's been blogging about American Idol for the past 9 long years with such veracity and fury that I even spend time actually defending myself to total strangers on this blog. That's some sad stuff right there. Haha.

Still, it's my passion. It's something I've been doing since Season 7 and I said this before, I will only quit when the show is off the air. That time has finally come tonight, but boy, did they went out with a bang!

American Idol, how do I love your Grand Series Finale? Let me count the ways.. (Note: I will come back to give my full review of the entire show!)

1. "One Voice" Opening with the American Idol alums

2. Brian Dunkleman's "awkward" appearance.

3. Kara Dioguardi with "Sober"

4. Pop Medley with Justin Guarini (Season 1), Jordin Sparks (Season 6), Kimberley Locke (Season 2), Allison Iraheta (Season 8), Tamyra Gray (Season 1), Pia Toscano (Season 10),

5. Kelly Clarkson's pre-taped Greatest Hits medley.

6. Rock Medley with Caleb Johnson (Season 12), Bo Bice (Season 4), James Durbin (Season 11), Constantine Maroulis (Season 4), and Chris Daughtry (Season 5).

7. Keith Urban's duet with Carrie Underwood.

8. Coutry Medley with Diana DeGarmo (Season 3), Skylar Laine (Season 11), Kree Harrison (Season 12), Bucky Covington (Season 5), Ace Young (Season 5), Constantine Maroulis (Season 4), Lauren Alaina (Season 10), Kellie Pickler (Season 5), and Scotty McCreery (Season 10).

9. Nicki Minaj!

10. Ballad Medley with Katharine McPhee (Season 5), Casey James (Season 9), Carly Smithson (Season 7), Clay Aiken (Season 2), Ruben Studdard (Season 2), Amber Holcomb (Season 12), and Jessica Sanchez (Season 11).

11. The Three Divas with Jennifer Hudson (Season 3), Fantasia (Season 3), and LaToya London (Season 3).

12. Soul Medley with Clark Beckham (Season 14), Danny Gokey (Season 8), Elliott Yamin (Season 5), George Huff (Season 3), Brandon Rogers (Season 6). Joshua Ledet (Season 11), Taylor Hicks (Season 5), Candice Glover (Season 12), Melinda Doolittle (Season 6).

13. White Guys With Guitar Winners represent! Phillip Phillips (Season 11), Lee DeWyze (Season 9), Kris Allen (Season 8), Nick Fradiani (Season 14), and David Cook (Season 7).

14. Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul, and Simon Cowell made an appearance.

15. Carrie Underwood with "Something In The Water"!

16. Trent Harmon is the last American Idol!

It has been a fantastic 15 years for American Idol and just watching a slew of alums in this finale made me an emotional mess. Thank you for the wonderful nine years and I couldn't have done it without the readers of this blog.

1 comments:

Julio Modesto said...

What can I say...reading this blog after every episode became part of this journey for me...thanks idol, thank Dam for your dedication

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...