Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Music: This Time - Pia Toscano

UPDATE: Yes, I'll stick with what I said about the song a couple of days ago. The song is very Jordin Spark's Tattoo in terms of the production - not exactly a bad thing - and Pia does have a beautiful voice.

Distinct? Not really, but at least she has that voice to work with. Given the right material, I can really see Pia as a HUGE recording artist. To me, this is a pretty decent-to-good debut single for someone who finished 9th. Just saying.
---
Two days ago, I posted something about Pia Toscano getting signed and the release of her song ON TOUR. Well, last night was the American Idol 10's first tour stop - Salt Lake City - and here's a live version (video!) of her debut single, This Time.

As for the song, I can hear a potential hit. Sure, there's nothing particularly groundbreaking about it - not a fan of the lyrics, to be honest - but  the melody is catchy and, yes, Pia's voice just soars on this song. The back track actually reminds me of Jordin Sparks' Tattoo with a little touch of Beyonce's Irreplaceable. I'm still reserving my final judgment until I hear the studio version though, but this is actually better than I expected.


5 comments:

OSO-Deluxe-Edition said...

a Jordin Sparks leftover !?
I thought it's gonna have a more mature sound!

DAM THE NATION said...

OSO: What do you mean by "a more mature sound"? I don't get that.

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for Haley's first single :((

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous: I am too!!

Sendo said...

woah, umaangat si pia....you've always been on top though na biglang nahulog, at congrats nasa taas ka na ulit ^^

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...