Thursday, May 24, 2012

American Idol 11: Final Thoughts and Prediction

This season went by so fast no? Indeed, American Idol Season 11 is coming to an end. I must say though, this group may be far less interesting compared to last season in terms of personality, but Season 11, arguably, have one of the best set of finalists and most competitive group EVER. Heck, it even came to a point where I had trouble coming up with a definitive rankings in some weeks.

So, it's not a surprise how close the competition is between this season's Top 2, no matter how incredibly diverse they are as singers/artists. No, their Final performances weren't all that great, but taken as a full season, there's no clear cut winner between Phillip Phillips and Jessica Sanchez, unlike how Scotty McCreery won the title last season.

Now, as for my prediction, I'm taking on a HUGE limb here and say that Jessica Sanchez will win American Idol this year. I know. I know. This is pretty random as I have completely NO IDEA who will eventually win the title - a first for me since I started watching the show back in Season 3. Jessica got the shaft for her "winning" song and Phillip ended up having a better song and a ridiculously better production to help him out and make a lasting impression to the audience.

However, the fact that Jessica got criticized for her last song may have pushed her fans to vote for her even harder than usual, which was also the case for Kris Allen and David Cook. Though I'm not, in any way, underestimating Phillip Phillips' obviously STRONG fanbase and the simple fact that he has the perfect formula to actually be the next American Idol = White + Male + Wholesome + Guitar. One thing I have to say though, if Phillip wins, he'll have one of the best coronation songs on American Idol history. Haha.

For what it's worth DialIdol, a site that has predicted the Final results correctly since the software program has been available in Seaon 4, has Phillip Phillips on top. The difference between Phillip and Jessica, however, is quite small, so it's not that certain this year. They may have been VERY accurate for the Final results as far as landline phone vote goes, but the proportion of phone vote has been declining over the year. And since Phillip's lead isn't as big as Scotty over Alaina or Lee over Crystal or even Cook over Archuleta, who wins the season might be determined by who has more text and online votes.

So yes, this is still a toss up. But I'm sticking with my prediction last March 8, 2012 and say that Jessica Sanchez will win American Idol Season 11. It's time for a girl to win, don't you think? But I wouldn't be mad if it's Phillip Phillips just because he has a great sounding debut single.

4 comments:

Erwin said...

Hope this happens DAM!

Julio Cesar Modesto said...

I´d be mad, sooo mad if jessica lose

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind if Jessica or Phillip wins Idol, but based on overall performances throughout the whole season, it should be Jessica.

Anonymous said...

Hey I listened to both of the coronation songs, and surprisingly the Jessica's one is not really that bad. It's fresh and young and her Beyonce's swagger is heard. I preferred her song than Phillip's though

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...