Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Voice 6: Battle Rounds Part 1

Hmm. This episode was a bit lackluster. No standout duet compared to previous seasons. I don't know what happened because the talent is there. Song choices maybe? I don't know. Hope they pick it up as this was pretty disappointing. Oh, and there were a couple of weird choices from the judges, but whatever.

Let's get on with the Battle Round!

TJ Wilkins VS Biff Gore
Ain't Too Proud To Beg
TEAM USHER
There's a fluidity to TJ's delivery that I like and he actually has a tone that's quite lovely. Biff also has that good old school quality to his voice if a bit generic. I think TJ brought more character to the performance than Biff and to be honest, I'm not so sure why Blake had to steal Biff. He screams fodder to me.
VERDICT
TJ Wilkins
STEAL
Biff Gore (Team Blake)
----
Jake Worthington VS Lexi Luca
It Goes Like This
TEAM BLAKE
Jake needs to work on his diction. His verses were so muffled that I really didn't understand most of his words. Lexi, on the other hand, had enough presence to actually shine in this battle. I don't think she has any distinct quality to her voice to make her stand out, but at the very least, she's far better than Jake.
VERDICT
Jake Worthington
----
Dani Mox VS DeShawn Washington
My Kind Of Love
TEAM SHAKIRA
While I did like Dani's powerful voice, her pitch faltered a bit in parts especially at the end of her phrases. DeShawn meanwhile has a throaty texture to his tone that's very appealing. Somehow, I prefer the dude. 
VERDICT
Dani Mox
----
Kat Perkins VS Patrick Thomson
Whenever I Call You Friend
TEAM ADAM
This was solid. They are both strong vocalists with Patrick having more edge and character to his voice, which makes him a lot more recognizable than Kat. That's not to say Kat was bad because she actually held her own on this battle.
VERDICT
Kat Perkins
STEAL
Patrick Thomson (Team Shakira)
----
Paula DeAnda VS Sisaundra Lewis
Do What U Want
TEAM BLAKE
Eh. This wasn't a terrible battle, but both sounded weird on their parts - both of them had pitch issues. Sisaundra was a bit annoying with her showboating and some of it weren't even that flawless. Paula, on the other hand, looked and sounded too tentative on stage.
VERDICT
Sisaundta Lewis
----
Stevie Jo VS Jake Barker
Higher Love
TEAM USHER
They sounded so similar that I couldn't really tell who did better. Haha. It's a draw for me on this. Maybe on a different song, they would've done a lot better no?
VERDICT
Stevie Jo
STEAL
Jake Barker (Team Adam)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...