Saturday, September 24, 2011

X Factor US: Auditions Part 2

written by Gabriel Sierra
DAM NATION, Contributor 

I haven’t decided yet if I love this show or not, but I guess it’s way too early to decide. I don’t really like the idea of auditions in front of such a huge audience, but I guess I’m just too used to American Idol. The second episode began with Miami and Dallas auditions, we got a small preview of what was going to happen and it seemed interesting enough.

The judges took their seats with everyone going nuts over them, must be pretty neat to be in that audience and feel the emotions of every audition, maybe that’s why they do it that way. I still like one-on-one auditions better though. Haha. Oh and Gloria Estefan appeared for a few seconds, cheering up everyone who was making a line to audition.

This episode was really lacking talent, the judges were getting bored and desperate, as was I, until finally talented people started coming up

Here’s a recap of the (good) people who got featured on the pilot episode:

Nick Voss, 21
Trouble
Even though he doesn’t have a big, amazing voice, he danced around and entertained everyone, finally giving the judges a chance to say ‘yes’. He got approval from all four of them and got big cheers from his family and the audience.

Marivana Viscoso, 55
Summertime
She came up with huge hair, a black dress, and a big smile. I really thought she was going to be another joke contestant, but when she started singing Summertime her voice started reminding me of Melissa Ethridge. She did an amazing high note too, I was surprised, and even more when she got four yeses! It’ll be interesting seeing how she’ll do in boot camp.

2SQUAR’D, Group
-
It was really quick, but when the four girls sang a cappella it felt real, I think they have a shot of going far as long as they stay original. They got four yeses as well.

Kendra Williams, 32
-
She started with big notes and I could just tell she’d make it through. In my opinion she was the best so far in the episode, vocal-wise. She made it through as easy as she sang those big notes.

Brendan O’Hara, 30
-
As soon as he walked in, Nicole’s eyes shone. When he said he was single, Nicole’s smile couldn’t be hidden! Paula and Nicole were the first ones to say yes when he finished singing, and even Simon said he was really good. I can see him going all the way.

Jeremiah Pagan, 22
On My Own
This male soprano had the judges smiling throughout his whole audition. He got four yeses and ran backstage to hug his friends. I actually loved the control of his voice, I hope he makes it far.

Melanie Amaro, 18
Listen
WOW! If I hadn’t known it was an audition I would’ve thought it was actually Beyoncé. Wow. Wow. Wow!!! She got a standing ovation from all the judges, and even made Nicole Scherzinger cry! I loved every second of it. Her family was jumping around, shouting, crying, very happy! The judges gave her amazing comments and she went through, I really, really hope she sings this amazing all the time so she can make it to the finals! And her attitude was humble and nice, which makes me like her even more! Good one!

Dexter Heygood, 49
Sex Machine
His audition was probably the longest one on this episode, he danced around and sang OK in my opinion, but it seems everyone liked him. So he got all four yeses and went through. He seems to me the kind of contestant that doesn’t really last in the competition, I guess we’ll have to wait and see. I do hope he comes back in his own personality so he can be a bit more original.

Kyle Corr, Hannah Jackson, Ma’at Bingham Shango and Austin Simmons also made it through, though only snippets of their auditions were shown.

Caitlin Koch, 21
Stop In The Name Of Love
Original, talented, pretty, this girl’s got more than the x factor! The judges loved her, Simon was blown away. She got all four yeses and went through! I’m sure she’ll make it far! I’ll be looking out for her, loved her!
*(Caitlin is an American Idol Season 10 Reject)


By the end of the episode, I was pretty entertained, I did like it much more than the first episode, and I started liking Nicole Scherzinger quite a lot, especially when she spoke with a country accent and kept repeating “ya’ll”. Hilarious! My favorite of the episode was Melanie Amaro, I can’t wait to see what she’ll do next! What did “ya’ll” think? Haha. Who did you love?

* DAMNote!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

https://lh6.ggpht.com/-N1_OXFIy4X4/Tnu05G1qm1I/AAAAAAAABbo/khHEgf8p-pI/nicole.gif

Zach said...

No Xander Alexander? =D
He didn't make it through but he was hilarious!

Anonymous said...

yah that xander alexander part was insane! haha and ha! he's filipino???

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...