Thursday, March 28, 2013

Movie Review: The Croods

The Croods may be slightly predictable and a bit formulaic, but at no point in the film was I bored. I thought the pacing was relatively good as it avoided any significant lulls and I found the jokes to be in good taste and genuinely funny - having both slapstick humor and more subtle satirical jokes. There was undeniably a lot of ingenuity and cleverness that was wrapped around the film. Of course, the animation was richly detailed and visually stimulating and the voice acting especially from Nicholas Cage and Emma Stone were spot on. Some of the characters were portrayed a tad too stereotypical, but I digress. The Croods was a movie with bucket loads of charm, personality and neat little jabs of humor for adults. Bottom line: I loved it. 8.5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...