Monday, March 11, 2013

The Voice Season 4: Promo!

Already? Haha. Anyway, here's the extended preview of The Voice Season 4, which will premiere this March 25, 2012 with Shakira and Usher taking Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green's seats.

I'm obviously an American Idol fantard, but I admit that The Voice is an outstandingly fresh entertaining show - mostly because of the coaches/judges. In terms of pure lighthearted entertainment, this one takes the cake. But the show is already on it's 4th edition and we have yet to see, at the very least, one mildly successful alum.

What good is a show about finding the next singing sensation if they flop right out of the gate. I don't expect The Voice to have produced a superstar in two short seasons and that's fine if they see their show as pure entertainment and that intent of the show is not to launch the contestants careers. But they need to stop pontificating about about how they are doing this for the "right reasons" unless that reason is self promotion for these judges.

Blake Shelton mentioned that "Everyone wants to be on The Voice", but if I seriously want to have a career in music, I'd rather join American Idol or The X Factor



1 comments:

Ronda said...

I can definitely see what you’re saying, and that’s why I watch this show purely for entertainment. I love watching the judges and this year should be especially good with Shakira and Usher! I can’t wait to see how they do, so this year I’ll be making it a point to watch the season live. Normally I’d have to stick to recordings because of my work schedule at DISH, but now I can just watch on my iPad. I downloaded the DISH Anywhere app that lets me watch all of my shows from home, live or recorded, anywhere I go! With that I’ll be able to watch the entire season go down live right on my tablet while I’m working in my office!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...