Sunday, August 25, 2013

Movie Review: R.I.P.D

R.I.P.D was an ordinary fare, which was barely entertaining and had a suspiciously similar storyline to Men In Black. I wouldn't say that this was a blatant rip-off, but swap Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones with Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges and have them fight ghosts or dead monsters instead of aliens and you have R.I.P.D. I don't know. Part of me thinks that had Men In Black movies never been made, this would've been decent, but the effort just paled in comparison. The plot was dull and lifeless with unimaginative story telling, the writing was predictable and nothing really happened in the film. There were occasional funny moments, but these were few and far between. Jeff Bridges was fine, while Ryan Reynolds seemed totally out of it and their chemistry was just lacking. R.I.P.D wasn't THAT bad, but I'd rather watch this on HBO than in a movie theater. Just saying. 4.5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...