Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Voice 8: Blind Auditions Part 2

Wow. The struggle was real for Adam this season! I know. I know. It could've been just the show's edit, but why are they setting this up as if Adam's not getting so much love from the contestants this season? Were they thinking that this will be good story arc for Adam as he then ends up with the strongest team again like every season? Oh, and can I just say how sick I am with the 5 minute sob story this season. Quit it. This is a singing show not a humanitarian work. Please.

On with the show!

Anthony Riley
I Got You (I Feel Good)
[TEAM PHARRELL]
Good energy. Decent voice. Not worthy to take the fastest four chair record on this show though. I don't think he's any more different than street performers around the world. 6

Gabrielle Wolfchild
Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
[TEAM CHRISTINA]
Wolfchild is such a cool name, no? Granted that he doesn't have the most special voice ever, but he has a lovely tone to his voice, which was very evident in the last part of his audition. 6.5

Brooke Adee
Skinny Love
[TEAM BLAKE]
Absolutely fantastic. Brooke has a voice that's mature beyond her years. Her vocals were on point, she showed a palpable connection to the material, and she looked like a star. Tons of potential and I would love to hear more from her. 8

Tonya Boyd-Cannon
Happy
[TEAM ADAM]
While Tonya clearly has a solid diva voice, her rendition of  Happy seemed a bit underwhelming and timid. Not sure if it was her singing or the tempo of the arrangement, but something about this didn't work. 6.5

Joe Tolo
To Love Somebody
[TEAM CHRISTINA]
Yes, Joe has a good singing voice, but I just don't see him as a potential viable star. But who am I kidding, this should be all about the voice. Then again, who are they kidding, it's not just about the voice. If it was, then we'd have a different winner every season. Agree? 6.5

Mia Z
The Thrill Is Gone
[TEAM PHARRELL]
Her audition wasn't perfect - in fact, I agree with Adam that she sounded affected especially with her tone - but she showed a great deal of promise with this audition. Impressive range with a couple of pretty good melodic choices here and there. 7.5

Blaze Johnson
How To Save A Life
[TEAM ADAM]
Not sure if he was able to hear himself, but I thought his pitch was all over the place. Add to that the fact that he's very generic. 4

Deanna Johnson
All I Want
[TEAM ADAM]
I heard shades of Sarah Simmons in her audition and yes, that one was probably one of the most memorable blind auditions of the series. No, this wasn't as good, but Deanna sounded really good especially with the liberties she took with the arrangement of the song. 8

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...