Sunday, May 31, 2015

Movie Review: Spy

I've seen enough spy movies in my lifetime - in fact, we have four (4) films under this genre this year - and while Spy didn't exactly break any mold, it was a hoot! It was unashamedly funny, there were a lot of hysterical moments, and I was fairly impressed by how sharp the writing was. Yes, this was an excessively manufactured hodgepodge attempting too many comedic ideas all at once, but I'd like to think that it was part of the film's charm. The lack of regard for political correctness with all the crudeness and foul mouth was hilarious - it does not tickle everyone's funny bone, but I digress. The lead performance by Melissa McCarthy was fantastic, Rose Byrne was gloriously bitchy, and Jason Statham was shockingly funny. Never devoid of laugh and charm, Spy was one of the most delightfully funny movies of the year. 8

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...