Friday, November 20, 2015

Movie Review: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2

Let me get straight to the point: While The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 was a fairly satisfying conclusion to the franchise, I couldn't help but shake off the feeling that this could've been a lot better. Don't get me wrong. The film was solid on most sides of the spectrum. The direction was sharp, the cinematography was stunning, the visual effects served the story extremely well, and the acting, for the most part, was good. Yet I was still terribly underwhelmed. The main culprit? The uneven pacing, which pulled me out of the film. The last act, for example, was way too rushed and oddly muted that what could've been the most emotionally resonant part of the movie left me cold. Then, of course, there were scenes that extended way beyond their welcome. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 was mostly entertaining, but it never reached the heights it was trying to achieve for its final installment. It never felt important or grand and as a send-off to one of the most hyped franchises of all time, I was genuinely expecting more. 7

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...