Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Voice 7: Wildcard Performances

Not a fan of a Wildcard Show - especially this late in the season - but I digress. The performances ranged from decent to pathetic and I actually felt most of them didn't really care. Was I the only one who noticed that?

One thing's for sure. Team Pharrell was the strongest and that's without the guidance of their coach. Says a lot about, well, Pharrell no? Haha.

On with this atrocious proceeding!

09. Ryan Sill
Marry Me
[TEAM GWEN]
I seriously have no words. 2

08. Taylor John Williams
Wicked Game
[TEAM GWEN]
He sounded decent, until that falsetto ruined everything. What happened? 2.5

07. Jessie Pitts
Zombie
[TEAM BLAKE]
Eh. 2.5

06. Reagan James
Put Your Records On
[TEAM BLAKE]
I was hoping Reagan saved a lot of breath with her two weeks off, but this just wasn't any better. Lazy song choice and she looked uninterested no? 3.5

05. DaNica Shirey
Without You
[TEAM PHARRELL]
Why was she so busy auditioning her voice for Cirque du Soleil Acrobatics with all those runs? 4

04. Damien
Grenade
[TEAM ADAM]
Choppy. Lounge-y. 4

03. Anita Antoinette
Waiting On The World To Change
[TEAM GWEN]
The song choice was a bit indulgent, but the scatting was a nice if a bit unnecessary touch. 4.5

02. Luke Wade
Have  A Little Faith In Me
[TEAM PHARRELL]
While I would've picked another song for Luke, this was a decent effort. At very least, better than most. 6

01. Sugar Joans
Back To Black
[TEAM PHARRELL]
As much as I hate myself from typing this, Sugar was probably the best. This was a shockingly controlled vocal performance. 7


PREDICTION
Taylor John Williams
(Just because I know he has a huge fanbase)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not watched a single ep of this season as they never seems to be a break, I have just been following your post and it seems like I have not missed anything special at all. I guess I'll just stick to xfactor and the sing off.

Anonymous said...

Your over usage of "i digress" on this blog is giving me cancer.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...