Saturday, July 31, 2010

Idol 73 - Anthony Fedorov

73. Anthony Fedorov
Season 4, 4th Place

Anthony was a mixed bag for me during his season. I don't know.

I mean, I remember seeing the previews that showed Anthony's audition and I dreaded hearing him. All I saw in the preview was a mediocre-voiced whiny kid that I did NOT want to be on the show.

To me, he was about as rigid and unnatural as they come. Everything seemed very forced and I hated when he squeezed every ounce of soul out of soulful songs like Breaking Up is Hard to Do and sang it so darn precise.

Now, during Broadway night, where Anthony sang Climb Every Mountain, I knew that he's not going to win American Idol. I just didn't find his vocals good enough to win the whole competition. After that, my opinion didn't change a whole lot throughout the rest of the show.

Sure, he improved somewhat on Top 7 and Top 6 night, but he still wasn't great. He was back to his mediocre self on Top 5 night. Although, he went out on his strongest two performances, but I was somewhat puzzled that he managed to outlast so many others who were far more deserving to make Top 4, in my opinion.

I admit, he has a good voice, but his performances often came across as awkward and cheesy. Oh well, I'm glad he's doing well on Broadway.

Favorite performance(s): Eh. None of them really did anything for me, but I thought I Surrender was really good. I think this song fit him pretty well.

I Surrender


#72 - Flower Power

2 comments:

Robbie said...

I didn't really like Anthony back in his season but he's looking a little hotter now so I like him NOW. Hahahaha.

Haay I was gone for a long time so I missed out on a lot of guesses even though I knew the answer to the past clues. Flower power makes me think of Aloha Mischaeux or Jasmine Trias. :D

DAM THE NATION said...

Robbie: He's hotter now that's why you like him now? Hahaha.

Anyway, yes. You've been gone for too long, it's unacceptable. Haha. Kidding.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...