Friday, July 16, 2010

Idol 82 - Lacey Brown

This is a girl who should be very proud of where she finished. Seriously.

Lacey managed to make the final round of the competition after delivering only one good performance in the semi-finals. Her first week was a disaster. Lacey's voice is often very controlled, but her rendition of Landslide went nowhere. It was a weird song to start off the competition with and she, for whatever reason, had a serious problem of bursting away from the pack of Season 9's indie divas.

Good thing her second performance, Kiss Me, was a mild improvement although still pretty average. Her third week, thank God, made America realize she was talented. Really. The Story was a perfect song choice and that I believe saved her a spot in the Top 12. Did I think it was enough to give her a spot over Katelyn Epperly or Lilly Scott? Maybe not. But, America voted and they went with her. So, there's that. Haha.

Now, I was kind of unsure what to make out of her Top 12 performance. Was she awful during Top 12 night to merit a 12th place finish? No, of course not, and if you read my review of her performance you would see that I didn’t even put her in my bottom three. I thought her performance of Ruby Tuesday had an absolutely beautiful beginning, but then halfway through, she seemed to lose all of its character. Oh, and she was forgettable and that's a sin worse than murder on this program.

Frankly, I wasn't so torn up about her early ouster because I couldn’t envision Lacey winning 'Idol' and the sooner she was eliminated the sooner some of the vote splitting could quit. Heck, I even wagered a guess that Didi’s stock would surged in light of Lacey's elimination - although, of course, that didn't happen. Haha. 

And while I still contend Lacey's ouster came a week too late - at the expense of Katelyn and Lilly - and while I can't say I was really sad to see her go, she was able to hold her head up and she handled her exit with grace and poise - not to mention a song that suited her tissue-papery instrument.

Favorite Performance(s): Hands down, it's her rendition of The Story. Although I would say that her What A Wonderful World version during the Hollywood week was equally gorgeous. I mean, you know your Hollywood Week solo is a good one when the show's producers use it as the soundtrack for a montage of additional contestants - in this case Joe Muñoz, Ashley Rodriguez, and Alex Lambert - getting good news from the judges.

The Story


What A Wonderful World


#81 - Had a universally panned movie

8 comments:

gddepadua said...

I am not really a fan of lacey. i dont think she's good enough to be in the top 12.

#81? Justin Guarini?

Robbie said...

I love Lacey! I was impressed with her audition and even her Hollywood performances, but a little disappointed after the got to the Top 24.

Kasi she seems like this really sweet and nice person and like I wanna be her friend because she's sooooo nice and sweet eh. :3 Hahahaha.

For me I think she deserved the Top 12 spot. I wanted Paige Miles and the robot girl, I forgot her name, to be ousted instead of Lilly Scott and Katelyn.

What do you mean by universally panned movie?

Peejay said...

its either justin or kelly because of their movie.. haha.. but of course kelly won't get a rank this low so it has to be justin! :p

Pao said...

For me personally, as I watched her. It's like she was holding back and lost a beat during the semi-finals. And on the finals, I think she deserved the spot but there's not too much passion, it was like 'Why am I still here?'

The universally panned movie. There's no way Kelly would be that low, so I think that's Justin G.

DAM THE NATION said...

Gerard: Not a fan either. But I like her more than Paige Miles. Haha.

DAM THE NATION said...

Robbie: Yes. I loved her audition and her Hollywood week, but she just didn't really deliver.

I liked Katie Stevens though. :)

DAM THE NATION said...

Peejay: you're on a roll too. haha.

DAM THE NATION said...

Pao: Yes. She was holding back or maybe wrong song choice did her in. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...