Friday, July 23, 2010

Idol 77 - Lil Rounds

77. Lil Rounds
Season 8, 7th Place

To be honest, from the moment Lil auditioned for Idol, I didn't really like her. I thought she was generic, boring and a less talented version of what we had already seen before and got way more praise than she ever should have.

Then, Be Without You happened and I was sort of impressed. I mean, I would've still preferred Felicia Barton, Kristen McNamara or Mishavonna Henson over her but she somehow proved herself to be worthy of the producer's pimpage.

Then, she gave another great performance on Michael Jackson week with The Way You Make Me Feel, and a pretty decent performance, I thought, on Grand Ole Opry night that was a little underrated. Well, I really thought Lil was pegged to do extremely well in the competition.

Too bad, her performances went downhill from there. The real Lil Rounds had been completely lost somewhere and some poser Lil took her place. Motown week wasn't too bad although I expected better from her that week. I thought it was just a little setback. Then, something possessed her to sing Celine Dion on Top Downloads night, and she gave a relatively bad performance. Top 8 week, she gave an underwhelming impression of Tina Turner, and at that point I was done with her. I don't know.

I don't think she ever knocked a ballad out of the park as divas in previous years always had. I mean, I kept waiting for her to do that, even as she slipped, but whenever she tried - I Surrender and The Rose - she wasn't very successful.

Lil obviously just got progressively worse every week and she started getting snappy and arrogant about it as though she had the place to discredit the judges when they were finally telling her what they should have long ago. I think she got so much further than she should have honestly.

Oh well, it's just too bad to see a contestant fall from grace like Lil Rounds did.

Favorite Performance(s): I only liked Be Without You and The Way You Make Me Feel. Ok. I'm too lazy to even tell you why. Haha. Just go figure.

Be Without You


The Way You Make Me Feel


#76 - Jordin Sparks' current back-up singer

4 comments:

Gerard said...

Sayang si Lil. Mary J. Blige wanna-be kasi siya.

Si Leah Labelle yung next. haha.

DAM THE NATION said...

I don't really like Lil that much. I don't know why. Haha.

gddepadua said...

maangas kasi siya.

DAM THE NATION said...

Gerard: Yeah!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...