Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Idol 80 - Josh Gracin

80. Josh Gracin
Season 2, 4th Place

Josh. The one with the fake twang. Haha.

I wasn't much of a fan and he would've been lower, but I thought he gave about three slightly impressive performances that helped give him a little boost.

That being said, Josh, to me, seemed a little fake. He is to country what Constantine is to rock. Haha. I don't know. I just found it a little weird how this guy talks normal, he sings normal in the semifinals, then out of nowhere he starts singing with some fake country accent that he doesn't even talk with. It was all pretty ridiculous to me.

Now, as for his singing, I thought he was very inconsistent. Yes, he has a decent tone but that's about it for me. He was just a decent 'country' performer when he didn't try too hard. Too bad, he started giving so many train wreck performances in a row that somehow got me a bit annoyed with him.

Oh, and I couldn't believe he lasted much longer than I thought he should have - Trenyce anyone?

Post-Idol, however, Josh has greatly improved. I definitely recommend checking out some of his songs, especially We Weren't Crazy.

Favorite performance(s): Josh should be proud, because I think his swan song To Love Somebody was his best performance of the season. It's always good to go out on a good note like that. I thought he made the song fit him well, and it was honestly the first time I thought he made the country thing believable. Sadly, I can't find any videos online and I only found I'll Be. Haha.

I'll Be


#79 - Season 8 Winner + ty + Season 9 Winner + Season 7 Winner

10 comments:

anonymous said...

#79 is KRISTY LEE COOK!!! LOL

Peejay said...

i also like some of josh gracin's post idol songs.. haha..

as for the clue.. so creative.. :P

Kristy Lee Cook!!! FTW! :p i like her! :)

Robbie said...

Kaya pala di ko to kilala masyado. Wahahahaha.

Amp naloka ako sa next clue ha. Kristy Lee Cook! =))

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous: haha. you think? :P

DAM THE NATION said...

Peejay: Yeah. I like some of Josh's song post-Idol. If only I cared so much about country music. Haha.

The clue is really creative no? Hehe.

DAM THE NATION said...

Robbie: Yeah. I figured na hindi mo nga sya kilala masyado. Haha.

Did you like my clue?

Pao said...

Late again to read this one.

I like Kristy Lee Cook....

...'s legs. Haha, not the whole her.

DAM THE NATION said...

Pao: Haha. Did Kristy Lee Cook every showed her legs sa show? Parang I don't remember it.

gddepadua said...

Overrated lang si Gracin. Inconsistent siya. Minsan OK, minsan hindi.

DAM THE NATION said...

Gerard: I agree. He's overrated. Haha

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...