Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Idol 40 - Mishavonna Henson

40. Mishavonna Henson
Season 8, Top 36 Finalist

The one who got the most hypocritical advice from Randy Jackson. Haha.

Mishavonna, to me, is kind of interesting. I think she is a good singer and I was a fan but I wasn't that crazy about her - maybe because I didn't get to see too much of her. But truth be told, Mishavonna was another victim of "you're not one of our pre-picked finalists, so we're gonna screw you over" campaign that claimed so many casualties in Season 8's semifinals.

Her performance of Train's Drops of Jupiter was one of the best performances of that night, yet the judges hated it for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Oh, and don't get me started with Randy's critique. "I don't like it when solo singers sing group songs." Well, then, Mr. Jackson, I assume you would dislike a performance of another contestant that night, who sang Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones? Adam Lambert performed that after Mishavonna and Randy loved it! Such an idiot. Ugh!

Mishavonna was just so hosed that season. She deserved at least to make it to the Wild Card show. Did she deserve to be a finalist? Hard to say. With how things were, I would say probably not, but if we had gotten to see more of her, then I would probably say most definitely.

Personally, I thought she would've brought something cool, interesting, and diverse to Season 8's Top 13 and should have been in it. The judges' critique of her were ridiculous!

Favorite Performance(s): Well, she only had one performance, Drops of Jupiter. I thought it was an interesting song choice that worked pretty well with her cool, husky alto.

Drops Of Jupiter


#39 - Aloha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...