Friday, November 26, 2010

Glee Season 2: Hey Soul Sister Sneak Peek

I know this is a bit late - I was out for the last 24 hours, I guess - but what the heck, I'll still post this! Haha.

Check out Dalton Academy's performance at this season's sectionals. It's Blaine (Darren Criss) and Kurt - along with the other Warblers - version of Train's Hey Soul Sister. Now, for the record, I like Blaine's voice because of his good vocal technique but the overall choreography - or lack thereof - and that it relied heavily on a capella were the reasons why I felt it was so-so to me. It just didn't live up to their rendition of Teenage Dream. That being said, I think I prefer his version over the original. I don't know. Enjoy!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"that it relied heavily on a capella were the reasons why I felt it was so-so to me"

Um, Teenage Dream was entirely acapella...

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous: That's true but somehow the choreography they infused with the entire acapella wasn't as entertaining as Teenage Dream - maybe because some of it were actually a repeat of that. Also, it was a bit sloppy.

I didn't single out that it being heavy on a capella was the reason. Combined with the choreography, it just didn't have - at least to me - the same magic Teenage Dream had. That is all. :)

Will said...

Hmm. I know who Anonymous is, lol.

Kurt looks so out of place there! Hindi bagay. Hahahaha.

Anonymous said...

You know who I am? I'm impressed since I don't know you

Anonymous said...

i love the fact that rachel looks GENUINELY happy for kurt on this video.

- j.

DAM THE NATION said...

Will: Maybe that's the point. To make Kurt stick like a sore thumb in that group. I don't know. Let's see.

DAM THE NATION said...

J: I agree. That part was endearing actually.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...