Sunday, November 14, 2010

X Factor UK 7: Top 9 Performances

They are down to the last 9 and this was somehow a mixed bag episode to me with Elton John as their theme.

Now, I personally think that Matt Cardle and Rebecca Ferguson were the best of the night. I thought Matt puts the right textures to his voice with this kind of song. Rebecca, on the other hand, just made a decade old song very modern. She has, arguably, the best recording voice of the bunch. However, I suspect that she is just a smoke screen. Leona Lewis has the voice, Alexandra Burke has the dynamism, Rebecca has neither. I also (shockingly) liked One Direction this week and Cher Lloyd delivered another solid performance. I really think she’s refreshingly different. Whether you like her rapping or not, it distinguishes her from the rest of the contestants because she certainly can’t beat the others like Rebecca and Matt vocally.

Wagner was still his usual cruel joke sh*t and Paije Richardson was not good. It wasn't as bad as John Stevens' version of that song, but the notes were all over the place. 

Anyway, here's how I rate the performances after the jump!

*click on the image to watch the performances* 

Paije Richardson
Crocodile Rock
4/10

Aiden Grimshaw
Rocket Man
8/10

Mary Byrne
Can You Feel The Love?
6/10

Katie Waissel
Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting
6/10

Matt Cardle
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
9/10

Cher Lloyd
Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word / Mockingbird
8/10

Wagner
I'm Still Standing/Circle Of Life
1/10

One Direction
Something About The Way You Look Tonight
8/10

Rebecca Ferguson
Candle In The Wind
9/10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still think that Cher Lloyd could win this season. Or perhaps, in the final two.

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous: Part of me wants Cher Lloyd to win the whole thing. She's just refreshing. Although I have this funny feeling that either Matt or even Rebecca will win this.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...