Monday, June 13, 2011

Concert: American Idol Season 10 Top 11 Live In Manila?

What is this I'm hearing that American Idol Season 10's Top 11 will be visiting Manila anytime this September?

Well, according to a reliable source, Marvin Agustin's Futuretainment, Inc. - who produced Bruno Mars, Miley Cyrus and Maroon 5 concerts - will be the one to bring the whole group in Manila after their US tour.

Now, I did a little research about it and there was actually an article in Manila Bulletin last April 27 where Marvin Agustin himself mentioned that he wants to bring American Idol winners in Manila:
“Madonna, U2, Britney Spears and winners of ‘American Idol.’ These are the artists I dream of bringing to the Philippines,” he said during the thanksgiving gathering for the success of the Bruno Mars concert that he co-promoted recently.
And then, last June 10, there's an interesting tweet from Futuretainment, Inc:
AmericanIdolSeason10FANS: you will be very happy this year!:) Soon you'll know why??? Happy weekend to all!
My insider told me that plans are still tentative as of now, but this is very likely to happen. So, if it's indeed true, this will be unprecedented! I think American Idol tour NEVER extended it's run outside of the United States AND Canada. I guess, Filipinos are really into American Idols no?

David Cook, David Archuleta, Kelly Clarkson, Michael Johns, Taylor Hicks, Chris Daughtry, Kris Allen, Jason Castro, Lee DeWyze, Allison Iraheta and Elliott Yamin are some of the Idols who have headed to the Philippines to perform after their Idol stint.

Anyway, I’ll post more news when it’s available.

7 comments:

ann said...

I heard of this too. I'm really hoping for this to happen. Can't wait to see Thia, Haley, Scotty, Casey and Pia.

Sendo said...

HALEY!!!! !matutupad na rin ang dream ko!!!!!!!!!!!! and thia, pia, casey...and ok fine..scotty..for being a very good boy hehe

Sendo said...

and naima!!! hehe

Anonymous said...

I wish they could go to Europe. Now, THAT would be cool.

Anonymous said...

i hope this is true! :D

Katheryn said...

American Idol has performed in Toronto, Canada. Not exactly overseas, but outside the U.S. nonetheless!

DAM THE NATION said...

Katheryn: Thanks for the info! I edited the post. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...