Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Voice: Live Performance Part 2

Miles better than last week's group!! I thought most of them had some pretty intact vocals and I did enjoy most of the performances. Oh, and I have to point out that House Band for The Voice was absolutely fantastic!! Just saying.

As for the group performances, I thought Cee Lo's was all kind of tripy! Haha. It wasn't vocally the best, but it was fun. That said, Adam's group number puts the others to shame! The gospel choir felt a bit gimmicky, but whatever. Haha.

RESULTS!

Team Christina
America's Save: Beverly McClellan
Christina's Save: Frenchie Davis

Team Blake
America's Save: Dia Frampton
Blake's Save: Xenia

Tori and Taylor Thompson
Team Cee Lo
Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy

THIS over Kelsey Rey? Seriously? Sure, they are relatively cute girls and they both have some natural performing abilities, but their talent wasn't so impressive after watching the performance. It was so cheesy and their vocals were below average. Plus, with the speed on that song, all they needed were chipmunk voices and they're actually good to go. Haha. They're essentially fodders, so whatever. 4/10

Casey Weston
Team Adam
Black Horse and the Cherry Tree

I admit, she  got so drowned out by the background music a couple of times, but her performance rocked! I would’ve preferred her idea for the arrangement - as per the clip - but she still sounded good. The vocal liberties she took with the song was actually kind of lovely. 7/10

Vicci Martinez
Team Cee Lo
Jolene

I didn't like Vicci before, to be honest, but this was actually pretty awesome. Her interpretation was solid and I thought she brought something different to the song. I did not expect that this song would actually work for Vicci's tone, but it did. Very cool. 8/10

Devon Barley
Team Adam
Stop and Stare

Umm, we gave up Rebecca Loebe for this? Haha. Ok. To be fair, I love the quality of Devon's tone, but his voice was cracking and his pitch wavered. He was also off-key in some parts. It wasn't a trainwreck by any means, but it just wasn't at the best either. 5.5/10

Nakia
Team Cee Lo
Sex On Fire

Fire twirling chicks notwithstanding, I thought Nakia's performance was fantastic. The song choice was surprisingly perfect for his tone and his vocals were really good. Plus, he got some got stage presence going on. 7.5/10

Jeff Jenkins
Team Adam
Jesus Take The Wheel

I loved his God Bless The Broken Road, but not much else since - yes, including this! I mean, this was the wrong song for him and he didn't sing it very well either. He was flat MOST of the time, his pitch was inconsistent and I thought the key was too high for him. Sadly, I think he'll get through because of his backstory. 5/10

Curtis Grimes
Team Cee Lo
Addicted To Love

At first, I didn't think this song would work as a country song, but while I thought the arrangement was positively interesting, his vocals were odd. I mean, he made it sound like the song only got three notes in it. I don't know. He just made Scotty McCreery looked like a country superstart. 5.5/10

Javier Colon
Team Adam
Angel

It’s true, Javier has a tendency to overdo it with the runs, but this was really good. His soared when it needed and if he dialed the oversinging a little bit, this would've been phenomenal. Anyway, this is Javier's competition to lose. 8/10

PREDICTION

TEAM CEE LO
Vicci Martinez and Nakia

TEAM ADAM
Javier Colon and Casey Weston

4 comments:

ann said...

We have the same prediction! I'll hate it very much if Adam uses his save on Jeff.

I'm so happy with the results by the way. Dia and Xenia made it, so I'm good! Beverly and Frenchie also deserve to move on, so it's all good.

Inggrid said...

Yeaaay #teamAdam :)

Lucas said...

wow, Beverly saved by America, didn't see that coming, but again, i don't really car for team Xtina, and i was rooting for Dia and Xenia, so I'm really happy with the results :D
Loved the show and the group performances were awesome
Vicci, Javier and Casey were amazing, aind i feel, just like you do,that the slower version of casey's song would be best, i think that it would showcase her strongest points :)
unfortunantly i believe that Jeff will take her spot on Adam's final two :S

eskimo bill said...

i agree w everything u said also i would would love javier SO much more if he stopped w those damm runs i feel its just like casey abrams with his growling good every once in a while but not every time ><

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...