Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Voice: Results Show (Semifinals)

Ok. So, I don't want to make this long because the results show was nothing but a snoozefest. I mean, the fillers were incredibly awful - just to make the show an hour - and the results were annoyingly predictable.

FINAL 4: Vicci Martinez, Javier Colon, Beverly McClellan and Dia Frampton 

The fact that The Voice allowed the songs to chart on iTunes - since iTunes downloads are considered votes -  made everything a little boring and unexciting. For instance, Dia Frampton is currently sitting at #9 on iTunes and her rival Xenia is at #24. Do we really expect Xenia to move on instead of Dia? Of course not. Umm, where’s the surprise in finding out who's the highest vote getter? Frankly, other contestants may be hurt by people deciding not to vote, because they think that it’s a foregone conclusion that a particular contestant is actually leading. There’s no drama in this, or a reason to sit through a show.

Oh, and I found the the score thing from the judges completely dumb. What's the point of having the judges vote if they’re just going to split it 50/50 and leave it up to the public? If the show intends to give them the power to have a voting influence, then by all means they need to use it!

Next week, it will be The Voice Finale. The four contestants will sing two songs each: an original song and a duet with their coaches.

Personally, I think it's a toss up between Dia and Javier. Vicci is a dark horse, and Beverly is like a darker horse. Haha. Let's see. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. A darker horse! Honestly, I have no problem with this format, as long as Dia's leading. Lol. The predictability is quite annoying but I don't really care about it. What I like about the show are the performances and the fact that there aren't really 'shocking' eliminations. The ones that should stay, stays. I don't even care that the pacing is so fast, at least it's different from idol, which takes forever. Here, we get a winner right away!

I think that the final 4 are really strong. Obviously, it will be against Dia and Javier. Dia will most probably win it if she nails her songs next week. I love that they're going to sing an original song. Can't wait!

wyndyday said...

Sad... I love Casey!!! Tho I dont have any problem with these last 4.

Some Idol Fan said...

okay, Dia is just amazing!! Who are you rooting for DAM? I haven't read your previous posts regarding The Voice. I think Javier is overrated and oversings at times. I'm neutral with Vicci, I liked her Jolene but hated her Rolling in the deep. She's kinda cool while Beverly's just not my type. Haha.

OSO-Deluxe-Edition said...

Dia is most likely gonna win....
and yeah I like the fact that we get a winner right away, better than waiting 5 months for someone to win and then release an album that flops on the charts and end up selling 35K copies. what a waste of time tbh.

P.S. I even think Dia is gonna sell pretty good, she's fresh, talented, interesting and just darn likable.

DIA FTW, Javier is overrated and he's kinda boring, not to mention his lack of star power.

DAM THE NATION said...

Some Idol Fan: I actually like Dia and Vicci. Dia's too low key for my taste, but I think she's very marketable and unique.

I didn't like Vicci's RITD as well, but she won me over since then, especially this week. Javier's overrated, while Beverly is not my thing and she scares the bejesus out of me.

DAM THE NATION said...

OSO: I actually like the 5-month format of Idol. It gives people time to get invested to the contestants. Here, there's no time to even get to know them that well. and almost 5 episode of live performances aren't enough to separate the one trick ponies to the real artists. But that's just me. :)

Some Idol Fan said...

DAM: Plus, it lets the contestants improve over time and later on, build their own fanbase.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...