Sunday, June 26, 2011

Music: You Oughta Know - Haley Reinhart

That's right!! Here's Haley Reinhart's studio version of You Oughta Know. Apparently, this is part of her American Idol Season 10 Highlights EP set to be released on June 28, 2011 by Walmart.

Her EP is composed of 5 songs: House Of The Rising Sun, Bennie and The Jets, Rolling In The Deep, What Is And What Should Never Be and the two songs which American Idol didn't release on iTunes, the Led Zepplin song, What Is And What Should Never Be and this Alanis Morisette hit You Oughta Know. Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina and James Durbin will also release their own EPs on the same date.

As for the recording, I think Haley sounds absolutely fantastic on this. Yes, I had problems with her live performance of You Oughta Know as I thought she muffed the tough fast part of the verses, but she - for obvious reasons - pulled this one off pretty nicely. I'm a fan.

LISTEN:


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I'm not mistaken, What Is and What Should Never Be was released on iTunes.

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous: Right! I edited the post. I confused it with Rhiannon. Haha. Sorry. :)

Will said...

Well, this is good news indeed. Sis and I complained a lot that she didn't do a studio version of that song.

Will said...

And there, I just downloaded a leaked copy. Listening to it now. LOL

Darthgavin said...

Amazing, it rivals Alanis!

@SamuelMartinx said...

This is what I have been wanting! Love, love, love this cover!

Anonymous said...

I like this song. Can you send me this? My email is jason_visal@yahoo.com......thank in advance......

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...