Saturday, October 1, 2011

X Factor US: Auditions Part 3

written by Gabriel Sierra
DAM NATION, Contributor  

Recap & previews of tonight’s episode. That’s how it always begins, its fun sometimes and I guess it does hook you to keep watching because it gets you curious of what will happen. After that, Steve Jones (the Host - I keep forgetting his name) gave us the intro to the show and welcomed us to the “windy city”, Chicago. The city was in a really bad weather, but thousands of people still went to audition.

The judges intro began, I wasn’t even watching the screen because it’s the same as always, until Steve said “And finally, returning for one last city… Cheryl Cole” and I jumped up to the screen! And there she was!!! It made me really happy because I like her so much! The first good thing about this episode.

The auditions began, and the ones who made it were:

Makenna and Brock, Duet
Cold Weather
Two friends that have been singing together for over 4 years. They’re voices weren’t exactly huge, but it was very nice and the harmony was beautiful. As soon as they finished singing, the crowd was going wild, and so were the judges. They got the four yeses and got very excited, it was a great moment! I hope they make it far, they seem very talented.

Skyelor Anderson, 16
Must Be Doing Something Right
At first, I thought he was another hopeful with no talent, but then, 15 seconds in, the track stopped working but he didn’t stop singing, which impressed the judges. He sang pretty well, not a huge voice either, but his enthusiasm and love for country music showed, giving him extra points. He got four yeses and couldn’t stop smiling, it was cute, I hope he goes far.

J. Mark Inman, 31
Creep
I REALLY didn’t think he was going to make it! When he got three yeses in less than 2 seconds I was so shocked I actually said out loud “Whaaat?!” Haha. He sang and moved in a very weird way, and his vocals were really bad in my opinion. I don’t know what is wrong with the judges - the only sane one was Simon who DIDN’T say yes. He didn’t say anything and he just stared at the other judges in a way that said “What the F@%*” Haha. I don’t think he’ll last that long.

Arin Ray, 15
Ain't No Sunshine
He made it through, we didn’t get to see much other than he sang a few pretty notes, so not much to say about him.

Josh Krajcik, 30
At Last
Now, this one was really surprising as I didn’t expect him to have a good voice! He sang the song in his own way and it was very good. I don’t know if he’ll make it too far, but I guess we’ll see! He got all four yeses too, and his mom was about to explode of happiness haha, it was a cute moment. Surprising too! I guess talent comes in all kinds of ways!

The first half of the episode ended, meaning that it was time for Cheryl Cole to leave again. Nicole Scherzinger was back at the judging panel. I like Nicole but Cheryl is a thousand times better in my opinion. Well, nothing we can do about it.

Drew Ryniewicz, 14
Baby
This was a very cute girl with a huge obsession for Justin Bieber. She had her family backstage while she auditioned, and her mom was going crazy all the time! L.A. Reid told her that he would be a bit tough because it was a song close to his heart. Drew sang and I didn’t know what to expect from the judges. I liked her singing a lot, I think a different song would’ve been better for her voice, but she has a nice tone and the crowd did seem to like her. Nicole was the first to judge and it was surprising when she said she liked her version better than Justin Bieber’s. Her mom could’ve died right then haha. The judges gave her compliments on her originality, and she got all four yeses. She ran out of the stage to hug her family, her dad was so emotional, it made my eyes water a bit. I liked this girl, I hope she makes it far!

4Shore, Group
End of the Road
These four guys sang a song written by L.A. Reid, and even before they began you could tell L.A. Reid was going to be harsh about it if they didn’t do it well. But they sounded really good and got all the yeses they needed to go through. They seem talented, I’d like to hear them sing an upbeat song. I hope they make it far!

Elaine Gibbs, 53
You’ve Got A Friend
This woman didn’t seem her age, she seemed younger. She got all four yeses after they heard her humongous voice, really amazing. I hope she can sing that amazing all types of songs, cuz if she can, she’ll make it really far. Good one!

Francesca Duncan, 17
Hero
I didn’t think she had an amazing voice, but it was good enough and she got all four yeses. The bad thing was it was only shown for a few seconds, so there’s not much to tell. Right after she sang, another 3 auditions were shown in a few seconds were they all made it through, though we didn’t even get a name of the people auditioning.

Tiger Budbill, 42
What’s Going On
He pretty much just did a big note and got two yeses from the girls, one no from L.A. Reid, so it was in suspense because it was Simon’s decision. But Simon said yes and Tiger went crazy about it! It was fun, though I don’t think he’ll go too far.

Phillip Lomax, 21
Fly Me To The Moon
This guy sang amazing, I loved it. I think he’s talented but I don’t see him making it too far. He got the four yeses, let’s see if he proves me wrong.

Tiah Tolliver, 19:
Impossible
They definitely saved the best for last. Not the best singer, but the best moment! This was crazy and I had to wait over an hour to know what happened!! The power went out and I wanted to know what happened so badly! So Tiah walked out and started singing. Simon LOVED her, and L.A. liked her too, BUT the girls didn't. So, she got two no's and two yeses. Simon literally begged the judges to give her a chance, so they asked Tiah to sing another song. She sang another song and Paula was still not convinced. Nicole gave her an advice to get better and FINALLY gave her a yes! So it’s three yeses, Paula looking pissed and Simon in glory! Haha. It was awesome, I think this girl can sing so I wanted her to make it! Great moment!

I loved this episode, much more talent than last week’s episodes put together! I can’t wait to see the talent for the next episode.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

J. Mark Inman - We need a U.S Jedward or Wagner! Definitely VFTW!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...