Saturday, October 1, 2011

Glee Music 3: Asian F

Dreamgirls. Fame. West Side Story. Coldplay. Beyonce. Jennifer Hudson. That's a good mix no? Last week, I was bitching about the songs being too "Broadway", but somehow Glee finally got it right with a good mix of music this week. Enjoy!

Cool
Hmmm.. It's a good first solo effort from Mike Chang. It's kind of a "talking" type of song, but he does have a nice enough voice. It's fine. Of course, I expect dance moves to go along with this. Haha. 6/10
DOWNLOAD

Fix You
I initially thought that the key was a little too high and possibly near the very end of Will Schuester's range, but he sounds wonderful in this song albeit a little strained. The second verse is all kinds of stunning and when the bridge kicks in, I get chills! Who knew I'd LOVE anything that has to do with Mr. Schue? Just beautiful! 9/10 

It's All Over
WOW! I didn't expect to hear as many people as I did. This was pretty brilliant!! Everyone - well, except for one - sound fantastic! Mercedes sounds great, but Santana rips this piece wide open. As for Kurt, he single-handedly ruins the song with his screeching. Dying cat anyone? Seriously. Why do they feel the need to get him to sing a verse in this track? Or at the very least, keep the key so high for him to sing? Anyway, I'm really curious with the context of this song. 9/10
DOWNLOAD

Out Here On My Own
Is this the next Defying Gravity on Glee? I sure hope so! I mean, no one can deny the fact that both Mercedes and Rachel are phenomenally talented. I love hearing the softer parts of Mercedes' voice and, as always, Rachel's great emotional connection to the song. True, the song, unfortunately, is dragged down by the fact that Rachel is obviously better on this song than Mercedes, it I appreciate it for what it is. 9/10
DOWNLOAD

Run The World (Girls)
I didn't expect Glee to cover this song, but they did and it's kind of ineresting. I like the marching band sound of it and I know the dancing will be awesome! Brittany will surely be bringing the swag. Oh, and I always love a Brittany-Santana performance so this is candy for a big kid like me. 7/10
DOWNLOAD

Spotlight
To be honest, I kind of prefer Mercedes' tone over Jennifer Hudson's on this song, but her version isn't as engaging. Jennifer Hudson has a lot more energy and passion in her recording compared to this. Sure, Mercedes sounds technically amazing, but she's not as into it as the original artist. Just saying. 7/10
DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD
(all 6 songs)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...