Saturday, October 22, 2011

X Factor US: Judges Homes Part 2

written by Gabriel Sierra
DAM NATION, Contributor 

32 must become 16 in this episode. We saw 16 acts sing, so it’s time for the other half. Then after watching them, we’ll finally know who the 16 final acts are!

Recap after the jump!!

Jazzlyn Little was nervous, just like she always is before she performs. Let me say I think she’s gorgeous and I see her as a huge star, if she can perform without the nerves. She walked in front of Simon, looking amazing and ready to sing. She sang a very pop version of I Will Survive, her vocals were really good. Simon’s got a heck of a hard job to do.

Brennin Hunt sang Just Like a Star, and he killed it! He does have an amazing voice. Rihanna said he’s “a little bit corny”, and I agree. I somehow doubt he will make it.

The Stereo Hogzz were up next. They said they wanted to win so they could have “grass with no ants” and “trees” because there are no trees in their neighborhood. I think this group will definitely make it, they are really good. They sang I Heard it Through The Grapevine in a very synchronized way, their moves, voices, pretty much everything came together.

The next act in the Over 30s was Josh Krajcik, I had been waiting for this one. This guy is interesting, I just wish he’d cut his hair haha. He sang The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, there’s something about his voice that really makes him stand out.

Up next was a group that we haven’t seen too much. Paula chose Bohemian Rhapsody for 2 Squard, and they definitely rocked it! This four girls are good! They are a great combination, I hope they make it, even though Paula and Pharrel didn’t like it too much.

Tim Cifers walked out to meet L.A. and Rihanna. He sat down and sang Dance With My Father, it was good, but I doubt he’ll make it.

It was finally time for Rachel Crow to sing! I like this girl more and more every time. She’s so cute! She sang I Want It That Way for Simon. Weird song choice, she sang it OK, the beginning was a bit messed up. I would’ve preferred a more up tempo song for her. Simon loved it, and that’s the good thing. But again, she’s so cute!!!! I hope she makes it.

The oldest act, 60 year old Leroy Bell, went up next. He sang “Make You Feel My Love”, it was very good! He’s a really talented man, I hope he makes it because I can see him going far, maybe not winning, but he can make it. Oh and this is a good part to say that I hate the way Enrique Iglesias can’t stop putting his hands on his face! It’s so annoying! Haha but that’s just me.

Illusion Confusion was the next group to sing, they went with Let’s Dance, it wasn’t too good though. I don’t think they’ll make it.

Tiger Budbill, the 43 year old DJ, went up next. It was easy to tell he really wants this. He sang Don’t  Give Up On Me, I’d forgotten he does have a very good voice. He was really good, there was a lot of feeling in his performance, mixed up with some amazing high notes! I hope he makes it!! (Enrique, the hand!)

Marcus Canty walked in front of L.A. and Rihanna and sang All My Life, he’s got some amazing vocals in there, it was fantastic. Rihanna loved it, and I did too!! She said he had a deep look, but she wasn’t sure he was a star.  Rihanna isn’t convinced anyone is a star though.

Tiah Tolliver was up next! This girl has got to work harder because she has had it tougher than the rest. She sang No Diggity. Her voice sounded better than ever, she didn’t seem nervous or even worried, she gave a great performance. Simon laughed and clapped, and he still thinks she’s got something. That probably means she will make it.

Christa Collins was up next. She sang No Surprises, it was OK, she sang quite loud, but I didn’t like it too much. Enrique Iglesias did like it, I think we’re not meant to like the same things. Or each other.
 
InTENsity was up next, the other group created by the judges. I was really curious to see this group, they were fantastic!!! 10 people from different places, all young, it was really really good, they did match together! I hope they make it and keep being this awesome!

Chris Rene! He’s got to make it! He sang Everyday People and I was a bit disappointed, the music was too loud and the song didn’t let his voice really be heard. I hope when L.A. and Rihanna decide if he makes it through, they take into account his entire journey.

Finally time for the last audition! Melanie Amaro, who sang the best 1st audition in my opinion. I think this girl is a bit like Pia Toscano, from American Idol. Big voice but no charisma, so I hope she proves me wrong because with that voice, she could win. She sang Will You Be There, and it was flawless. Her voice is true talent. She will make it, I’m sure.

Performances were over and I thought it was time to see which 16 acts made it to the live shows. I was so nervous, sitting at the edge of my seat! Then the show ended and I was left speechless, thank God Tuesday is really close because I can’t wait to know who makes it! And I actually like most of the acts, almost all of them, so it’s going to be sad in any way it goes. Can’t wait for Tuesday!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

no offense meant but i miss how critical dam writes about the performances like in american idol. this new writer likes every single one of them. no specific things to say other than "good" "amazing" "i like it".

JOshee said...

I kinda agree on the poster above. I want the old writers back!!!!! Where are they?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, this review isn't as great to me :( There's no depth to anything

wYndY said...

I could help you writing the review for this show. I normally watch it later than it original airtime cuz of working, although your review is posted late anyway.

Nick said...

Hey DAM NATION, i was wondering if you had any downloads of the performances at the judge's houses in both episodes by any chance?? if you do it would be greatly appreciated:) keep up the great work!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...