Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Glee Music 2: Furt

Here are the songs for Glee's next episode, Furt

I like how these past couple of episodes have only had 4 song. It seems Ryan Murphy was being honest when he said over the summer that they would cut down to four maybe five songs an episode. Great! Oh, and I also like the variety this week - Classic Broadway to Bruno Mars!

As usual, these are not yet the iTunes versions but I'll replace them as soon as it's available - probably on Monday.

ETA: These are already the iTunes-rip versions

Just The Way You Are
At first, yes, lyrically it would fit Finn most, but vocally it would probably suit Sam better than Finn. However, this makes me want to take it back. He sounds good in this song. I really like his voice on certain songs - Losing My Religion, for example - and I think he did this song justice. Not his best but good enough. 8/10
DOWNLOAD

Marry You
Another Bruno Mars song. I like this! I didn't really care who sings this song because I'm just super psyched that they're singing it, but after I heard Finn, Rachel, Quinn, Sam, Tina and Artie - and I think I also heard Santana and Puck somewhere, not sure though - on this track, I was like in Glee heaven. Haha. I just love that there are a lot of small solos in it and everyone gets a chance to sing. Plus, this song sounds fun. 9/10

Ohio
 This is a really unusual song choice, aside from the obvious that Glee is set in Ohio. Haha. But honestly, I somehow like the Broadway feel to it and Carol Burnett and Sue Sylvester in one song - legendary! I can't wait to see the actual performance of this. It actually sounds cute. 7/10

Sway
I'm not entirely a fan of Will Schuester as a character or even his singing - I don't know - but since I need to be objective, I think this is one of his best recordings to date. His voice is so smooth like butter and it fits perfectly with the song. Is it for me? No. However, fans of Mr. Schue will most definitely enjoy this. 7/10
DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD
(all 4 tracks)

2 comments:

Will said...

Cool, Bruno Mars covers. Downloading now. :)

DAM THE NATION said...

Haha. I know 2 Bruno Mars songs.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...