Sunday, November 28, 2010

X Factor UK 7: Top 7 Performances

Ugh! X Factor is making my posts kind of repetitive. I mean, with the contestants coming up with the same level of performances every single week, I could just literally copy and paste last week's post to save time. Haha.

No one stepped up this week with a fun, exciting and well sung performance - fine, maybe Matt but that's already a given. And people say American Idol has awful contestants? Yikes! This, to me, is turning out to be a worse crop of singers compared to the sleepy season that was American Idol 9.

Matt Cardle proved that he's just way better compared to the other contestants. No, he still can't pull off swagger, or really that kind of sexy - see, I Love Rock and Roll - but vocally he's miles better than anyone else and that includes Rebecca Ferguson. I admit, her arrangement of U2's song was a nice stab at something different. However, she doesn't have the vocal personality to really pull it off. I'm sorry but her voice just isn’t as good as it’s been made out to be, even though it - usually - can hit the notes well. Others were blah including Cher Lloyd.

Now, I have to mention Wagner because his performance was - for Wagner - good. Granted, good for Wagner is like.. still not good, but it’s an improvement. Mary Byrne, meanwhile, seems to be going the way of Susan Boyle and she’s having the same emotional impact - which, is to say, none. Haha.

Anyway, here's how I rate the performances after the jump!

 Wagner
Creep 3/10
Addicted to Love 1/10

One Direction
Summer of 69 7/10
You Are So Beautiful 7/10

Mary Byrne
All I Want Is You 5/10
Brass In Pocket 5/10

Rebecca Ferguson
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For 7/10
Satisfaction 8/10

Matt Cardle
I Love Rock and Roll 8/10
Nights In The White Satin 9/10

Katie Waissel
Sex On Fire 6/10
Everybody Hurts 8/10

Cher Lloyd
Girlfriend 7/10
Walk This Way 7/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...