Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Glee Season 1: Hell-O Episode Review

Hell-O
Season 1, Episode 14

Glee is, by far, my favorite series right now, and even this good-not-great episode far surpasses everything else playing on TV - well, aside from American Idol of course. Yay Glee!!

Ok. This episode is not one of my favorite Glee musical themes, but I'm really happy their back!

In fact, I may have over excited myself for the return a bit. Haha. It definitely had it’s moments but it seemed more like the episode was used to set up for the rest of the season. Plus, it was kind of all over the place.

I mean, after all the build up, I wasn’t as impressed as I’d hoped to be. Having the two couples break-up (Rachel and Finn/Will and Emma) when they hadn’t even got together was weird. And I’d like more back story on the kids rather than seeing the same old plot-line of Sue trying to sabotage the Glee club week after week. I was also kind of disappointed that both Will and Finn acted like schmucks. I guess it was too much going on in one episode.

Now, Finn is arguably one of the weaker singers in the show and his lack of singing ability is apparent, but I do think his Hello, I Love You was one of my absolute favorite vocals of his. He's no Jim Morrison but I did enjoy his musical performance of that song.

Also, Jonathan Groff and Idina Menzel is a great addition to the show. Vocal Adrenaline eh?

Oh and  Brittany was awesome: “Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?”

Can’t wait for next week's Madonna episode! If Sue Sylvester’s Vogue video was indeed a teaser for next week, then I can’t wait!!

Download the songs HERE.

Check out Sue Sylvester’s Vogue video after the jump!




Haha. The ending of this video had me cracking up! Sue Sylvester FTW!

2 comments:

NaiOlrac said...

YEAH!! glee's back! :D

damthenation said...

i know! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...