Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Idol 98 - Kevin Covais

98. Kevin Covais
Season 5, 11th Place

Yes, no other than Chicken Little at number 98.

You know, any other nerdy 16 year old with an okay voice would know how to make the best of the situation and play up the shy and insecure thing. Well, not Kevin. He liked to pretend that he was a "thex thymbol" and that all the girls wanted him. Haha. Pretty funny right? Nah.

Kevin wasn't exactly a terrible singer. All things considered, he actually sounded okay. However, he had a few quirks that made him slightly irritating to watch and listen to.

First was the lisp. Yeah, he probably can't help it and it may sound mean, but I'm sorry, I just don't particularly enjoy listening to vocalists that can't pronounce their S's right.

Another thing that I didn't like about him was the way he twitched and blinked when he would perform. It seemed as though he was concentrating so hard on trying to do what he does, that you could visibly see his thoughts through all of his ticks. A few times he looked like he was seconds from a seizure. Haha.

Favorite Performance(s):
Hmm.. If I had to chose one, I guess I'd go with One Last Cry. It definitely wasn't what I'd consider a very good performance, but that was his first of the semis, and it exceeded my very low expactations. Haha. When I Fall In Love was also pretty decent.

One Last Cry


When I Fall In Love


#97. Stevie Wonder to contestant: What's wrong with you girl?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never really liked Kevin. His voice just seemed so dreary and old. I never wanted him to go through to the top 12. I would have loved to see him go home over Jose Penala. Although then we wouldnt have seen his hilarious dance moves to Part Time Lover.

Alain Joel said...

i just started reading this list, so far no qualms about the three, although i would have to say that for a reason i can't remember, i have the complete songs of john stevens on my ipod.

i never liked haley, although i agree that she has a voice. kevin, can't even remember any of his performances although i remember the side by side picture with chicken little.

more. more. more! =)

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous, I don't know if Jose Penala had enough 'charisma' to make it to the Top 12 of that season. Vocally, he's better than Kevin but the adorable-ness of Chicken Little is just too much to be ignored.

I would've preferred Gordon McKinney or Will Makar over Kevin Covais though. Haha.

DAM THE NATION said...

AJ, so i guess you're a fan of John Stevens? Hehe.

The list is posted every 8am everyday. :) It's a 3-month long commitment. Haha.

Robbie said...

8am na ba? Kala ko 12nn. Late na tuloy ako.

Di ko rin masyadong gusto tong si Kevin Covais. Mas gusto ko pang makapasok nun si Will Makar. Kasi... wala lang. Hahaha.

Melissa McGhee! :D

DAM THE NATION said...

Robbie, yes, I've decided to move it earlier. Haha. Wala lang. Can't wait eh. Everything is scheduled already ng 8am. Haha. :D

And yes, Will Makar would've been a better option.

Robbie said...

Regarding the avatar thing, create an account sa Gravatar.com

It's universal. The photo you upload there will show up in all wordpress blogs, and other blogs that supports Gravatar. :D

DAM THE NATION said...

Wow! Thanks Robbie! Great! Hehe.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...