Saturday, January 28, 2012

American Idol 11: Aspen Auditions

Wow. Just when I thought San Diego was boring, this one was even worse! I mean, I'm all for a kindler and gentler Idol, but give me some really good voices - not just marginal singers! Love the beautiful sights n the audition shows, but this just didn't excite me.

They need to hurry up and get to Hollywood week, and hopefully that will bring some awe inspiring performances, and interesting people who can also sing. Of course, I'm still watching, but I'm hoping things will get better with the live shows, when we assume the cream will rise to the top.

Episode Summary: Judges overpraise people who won't make it very far in Hollywood.  HAHA.

Here's my review on the people who got featured on today's episode:

DISCLAIMER: Just an opinion based on the auditions. It may change as the season progresses so haters back off. Haha.

Jenni Schick
I wasn't really sure if I liked her audition. Her vocals were fine, but it somehow was too loud for my taste with no finesse whatsoever. Plus, her personality kind of grates. Haha. 6/10

Curtis Gray
Average singer at best. Sorry. 5/10

Richie Law
A less charming and attractive Scotty McCreery? Umm, no thanks! 5/10

Devan Jones
Impressive vocal control. Nice tone. Good voice. I want to hear more!! 7.5/10

Mathenee Trego
Gawd! You need to calm down! Haha. His voice is undeniably strong if a bit affected and verging on annoying. 7/10

Haley Smith
Wow. Very interesting audition. I enjoyed the rawness of her vocals, her unique tone and kind of offbeat - in a good way - phrasing. She sang that Chaka Khan ditty like I've never heard before. 7.5/10

Shelby Tweten
She's probably the best one in Aspen, but that's not saying much. Although I must admit that she actually reminded me of Lauren Alaina in terms of tone and phrasing - and yes, that's not something to sneeze at. Shelby's a little folksier though, which is quite interesting. 8/10

Jairon Jackson
Eh. He was decent and his original song wasn't bad at all, but that vibrato annoyed me! If he'd be able to dial it down a notch, talk to me again. Haha. 7/10

Angie Zeiderman
Oddly fascinating! Haha. Her first song was completely odd but entertaining. It was too over the top that I was trying to figure out if she was a joke contestant or not. But when she sang Blue Bayou, she was actually pretty good. I didn't think she'd hit those high notes, but her voice was surprisingly solid. 7.5/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...