Tuesday, January 24, 2012

American Idol Season 11: San Diego Auditions

Was this episode a total waste of time? Not sure. I must say though that the vibe of this episode was so good, I was actually laughing at the atmosphere and not at the joke contestants, which was a pleasant change. Heck, some of Steven Tyler's remarks were golden! "I can't wait to see people sing the same Adele song for 6 f*kin' hours" Haha.

That's it, I guess.

Here's my review on the people who got featured on today's episode:

DISCLAIMER: Just an opinion based on the auditions. It may change as the season progresses so haters back off. Haha.

Ashley Robles
Technically, she's a pretty strong vocalist, but I somehow found her way too robotic as every note seemed too calculated. Plus, she did do too much with the melody. Of course, that's something she could "unlearn" - if there's such thing - but at least she has the talent and her audition was really good. Let's see if she'd be less stiff during the Hollywood week. 8.5/10

Jayrah Gibson
Seriously? Not sure what the judges were thinking, but I honestly didn't like the audition. He ran through the whole song so fast that I couldn't even figure out if he could actually sing. I mean, he just didn't let a note hang for more than a half a second. What was up with that? 4/10

Aubree Dieckmeyer
Look! The judges actually gave some good constructive criticisms! It's about time no? Haha. Aubree, to me, was refreshingly real and upfront. I wasn't sure if the edit she got before her actual audition would hurt her chances, but I found it to be quite endearing. Her voice, while not the strongest, is really nice if a little thin when she goes up into her upper register. Other than that, I actually like her. 7.5/10

Ali Shields
.. and with that, we remember why Ellen DeGeneres is no longer a judge on this show. Haha. Sorry. Ali has a great - or grating? - personality, but I don't think she's a good enough singer to be on American Idol. Her talents, in order: Dancing > Rapping > Singing. 6/10

Kyle Crews
Eh. This guy was so delusional of his suave-ness. I don't know. I usually like these type of vocalists, but with the overpraise and all, I just didn't think he was anything special. His vibrato was annoying and the runs were a little overwrought. Yes, I did think some of the liberties he took with the melody worked, but not all. 7.5/10

Jane Carrey
Hmm. Not to be mean or anything, but people wouldn't care about her voice if she wasn't related to Jim Carrey. I admit, she has a pretty voice, but there's nothing incredibly spectacular about it. Maybe if Randy didn't cut her singing after 10 seconds, I would've appreciated more of her talent. To me, she's just there to make for a moderately interesting audition show. 7/10

Jason Hamlin
Not for me. I'll pass. Next! Oh, he's the last? Until next episode then. Haha. 6/10

*photos to follow

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ashley robles is a pinay right? and accdg to ur spoilers she didnt make it to the top 24.. do you have any idea if an african american female belter/singer like vonzell or syesha made it???

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...