Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Voice 3: Blind Auditions Part 5

To be brutally honest, I'm a little bit underwhelmed with this episode. The talent is there, the banters between the judges are still present - Christina is fitting in with the panel really well now compared to the previous seasons - and there some pretty interesting song choices. However, I just didn't feel excited with anyone. Oh well.

Let's start!

Colin McLaughlin
Wild World
Possibly one of the better song choices in this season's blind auditions. I think Colin has a lovely tone, nice enough vocals and he can play the guitar. I feel, however, that he's a little forgettable - nothing stands out. Maybe it's just me. 7/10

Joselyn River
Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
This is a good reminder that if you can't top Kelly Clarkson, don't do it! Sure, she hit some good notes, but it sounds incredibly weak compared to the original. I hate her choppy phrasing and she needs to work on her enunciation. Ultimately, wrong song choice. 4.5/10

Benji
Knockin' On Heavens Door
I admit, this performance takes me back to the Rockstar INXS/Supernova days. I think Benji has a powerful voice with a lot of grit, but I'm not particularly a fan of him shouting at me. It feels a little overwrought especially towards the end. 7/10

Todd Kessler
Maggie May
He looks very enthusiastic singing this song. Haha. N/A

Ben Taub
Feeling Good
His voice is a little on the thin side, but he's good looking and that's not something to complain about no? N/A

Emily Earle
Ring of Fire
Arrgh. I wanted to hear more of this. Why put her in this montage? N/A

Mycle Wastman
Let's Stay Together
Pretty good. I think his tone suits the song perfectly well and the liberties he took were pretty interesting. The falsetto towards the end threw me off a bit, but I think he's the best in this episode. Oh, the hat needs to go. Haha. 7.5/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...