Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Voice 3: Blind Auditions Part 6

Hmm. This episode was a tad underwhelming. Sure, there were a couple of interesting auditions, but nothing particularly awe-inspiring. I mean, we saw good vocalists with zero charisma and then there were some who's overwhelmingly charismatic but not the best singers in the bunch.

So, who do we root for: the good singers or the pop stars? Well, this is The Voice, so we already know the answer to that. Haha.

Anyway, let's go on with the blind auditions, shall we?

Michelle Brooks-Thompson
Proud Mary
She has that big old voice with a shrieky annoying tone. Good, but nothing particularly special. Heck, you'd be able to find a lot of people like her on a club somewhere in America. 6/10

Diego Val
Animal
I like him. I think he has an interesting tone and I actually enjoyed his sort of quirky version of this Neon Trees song.  7/10

Suzanna Chofell
Landslide
Very nice. Suzanna reminds me so much of Juliet Simms from last season from the throaty quality of tone to her look. Although a tad laid back, I appreciate the fact that her version didn't sound karaoke. AT ALL. 7.5/10

Michaela Paige
Sober
Nice tone, but too Pink. N/A

Ryan Jirovec 
Amazed
Meh. N/A

Dez Duron
Sara Smile
Wow. Did he really improve from last season or was it just the song choice? Yes, Dez may NOT have the best voice on the show, but he has the X Factor - oops! wrong show. Haha - and you can't teach that. The boy is gorgeous and it doesn't hurt that he's obviously the best looking dude on the show. That's not to say he's an awful singer because he's actually better this time around. Not pitch perfect, but good enough. 7/10

Alexis Marceaux
Go Your Own Way
See my point with Dez? Alexis is a relatively better vocalist than the pretty boy, but she has zero chance of winning this show. A complete battle round fodder. 5/10

Sam James
Imagine
.. all the people.. Yes, that's all I heard. Haha. N/A

Laura Viva
Whataya Want From Me
I don't know. N/A

Leila Broussard
We Can Work It Out
I'm hungry. Haha. Sorry. I don't know what else to write. N/A

Brandon Mahone
I Wish It Would Rain
Good dynamics. Soothing Tone. Nice range. Solid job. 7.5/10

Jordan Pruitt
The One That Got Away
What an annoying tone! Sure, she's mostly on pitch, but her voice sounds so thin from beginning to end. Not a fan. Sorry. 5/10

Terisa Griffin
Someone Like You
I love Adele with all my heart, but can we just stop with her songs already. Terisa is like Nicole Henson a couple of episodes ago - a good vocalist with absolutely no chance of being successful in the music industry today. I honestly didn't care for her singing. Plus, the song works with less wailing, so her attempt to put diva twist to the song didn't work for me. 6.5/10

1 comments:

X said...

There wasn't one contestant on this episode I would have turned my chair around for. Everyone was average at best.

I was so underwhelmed by this show that I'm not even going to bother saying anything about the contestants... except Suzanna. I thought she was just a sound-alike (ie sounded WAY too much like Stevie Nicks to me).

Hopefully tonight's show will be better.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...