Saturday, September 15, 2012

X Factor US 2: Live Auditions Part 2

What? Just three good auditions in one episode? Do they have a scarcity of talent? Is this due to the backstage stuff that takes too much unnecessary time? I admit, I'm still enjoying the documentary style of the whole audition process, but I somehow feel that things are now becoming a bit scripted and fake.

I seriously want this season of X Factor US to succeed, but they have to do better than two good auditions in an hour!! Come on, X Factor!

Anyway, let's go on with that three auditions, shall we. Haha.

Johnny Maxwell
All These People
To me, Johnny is like a less interesting and edgy version of Astro and Chris Rene. I admit, I like his original song, but his vocals aren't strong enough to support the verses. The rap bits sound better, but that's not saying much. I don't know. He's just mediocre at best. Sorry. 4.5/10

Jason Brock
New York State Of Mind
Not sure if I'm just confusing myself from the "really good" with "better than I expected", but Jason probably has one of the better auditions so far. His control is superb, his tone is incredibly rich and that personality is surprisingly charming. I also feel like New York State Of Mind is an inspired song choice, which is always a plus on my book. Oh, and he reminds me of Adam Lambert. Ooohh! NO HE DIDN'T! *snap snap snap* Yes, I did. Quit snapping in my face. Haha. 8.5/10

Carly Rose Sonenclar
Feeling Good
Somehow, I just can't get behind these kiddie contestants. Carly sang the song with amazing control, she performed very well, her tone is lovely and the clarity in her diction is quite impressive, but everything in her audition felt calculated - almost mechanical. I also don't see her translating to pop - maybe she's more in the veins of Jackie Evancho? But yes, she is an amazing singer. 8.5/10

1 comments:

X said...

It's funny... I don't even remember Johnny Maxwell. That's how much he impressed me I guess.

Jason Brock... I was all set for him to be horrible. He surprised the hell out of me, that's for sure. As far as his personality goes though, I found him to be incredibly annoying. Also, I'm not getting the Lambert comparison at all.

As for Carly, I thought she was great. I was kinda getting a Rachel Crow vibe from her (granted Carly isn't nearly as bubbly, but the singing ability is similar). I'm hoping she does well.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...