Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Voice 3: Ranking The Top 12

Finally! We're down to the Final 12 and on our way to naming the successor of the highly visible, Jermaine Paul. Umm, he's last year's winner. Haha.

Oh, and one should know though that after last week's Live Playoffs, the teams don't matter anymore as the two lowest vote getters, regardless of what team they are, will be eliminated. It's about time no?

Let's get on with the rankings, shall we?

12. Adrianna Louise
[TEAM CHRISTINA]
I admit, Adrianna had one of the strongest blind auditions this season, but there's no denying that she seriously SHOUTED her way into the Top 12. Every single performance from her was nothing but ear busting noise. She's ridiculously loud, incredibly pitchy, and she lacks subtlety and nuance. Such a shame.

11. Sylvia Yacoub
[TEAM CHRISTINA]
Sylvia was fantastic during the Live Playoffs, but why do I feel like her awesome version of The One That Got Away might just be a fluke? I've been vocal about my dislike of Sylvia since the blind auditions as she was usually sharper than a diamond drill bit and, yes, I hated the fact that I had no choice but to like her last performance. Haha. Let's see if she can keep up or be buried next to the more popular contestants.

10. Nicholas David
[TEAM CEE LO]
The fact that America actually picked up the phone for Nicholas was the biggest shocker to me. Yes, he's a terrific vocalist and quite memorable, but I genuinely thought America would vote for someone like MacKenzie Bourg than him. I don't know. I just can't figure him out still. He's good, but maybe not my cup of tea.

09. Michaela Paige
[TEAM BLAKE]
This girl sounded good with her rendition of Everybody Talks, but prior to that I was never a fan. She has an image that clearly recognizable and has a strong voice, but I'm still not sure if America will back her up considering that she was just saved by Blake. If she can be as solid as her last performance, she can go farther than this, but for now, someone has to be in this spot.

08. Cassadee Pope
[TEAM BLAKE]
Shocked? Yes, I'm just on the Cassadee train like the rest of the world. Somehow, I wish there was a legitimate reason for her popularity, other than the fact that she fronted Hey Monday. I find her excessive vibrato annoying, her vocals were mostly uneven and I don't like her thin vocal tone. She needs to pull a Sylvia Yacoub performance and impress me before I stop taking her seriously altogether.

07. Dez Duron
[TEAM CHRISTINA]
His singing is passable at best, but at least Dez is wonderfully filled out in all the right places that he MUST stay so that everyone's television screen can keep rendering that view. Haha. I'm seriously NOT mad about him still being here, unless he takes maybe Amanda or Bryan out.

06. Cody Belew
[TEAM CEE LO]
To be honest, Cody has one of the best voices left in the competition. Plus, I think he's funny and entertaining to watch although he needs to chill just a tad on the theatrics. I question his fanbase as he was just put through by Cee Lo, but with strong vocal performances, he can do very well.

05. Trevin Hunte
[TEAM CEE LO]
I enjoyed his blind auditions, but he's been way to shrill for my taste since then. I can't fault his vocals - at least in terms of his grasp on his pitch - but he needs to back off with all the vocal gymnastics. I appreciated the fact that he somehow went to that direction during the Live Playoffs and I'm hoping he'll stick to that. We'll see. 

04. Melanie Martinez
[TEAM ADAM]
Love her or hate her, I think Melanie has the most recognizable voice in this competition. Yes, I think she's a one-trick pony, but I happened to like her trick. Haha. Besides, in today's music scene, one good trick is all you need to be succeed. Melanie has a unique voice, which will be instantly recognizable on the radio. Uniqueness sells and I love that about her.

03. Terry McDermott
[TEAM BLAKE]
While I didn't particularly enjoy his generic rendition of Don't Stop Believing, I think Terry already made a serious case about his talent as a singer. I love the clean quality of his tone and his voice is actually radio ready. If he picks (or Blake) the right song to showcase his wonderful voice, I can see him going really far.

02. Bryan Keith
[TEAM ADAM]
Other than his Everything I Do (I Do It For You) misstep, Bryan's run on this show has been quite stellar. He has great control, awesome vocal dynamics and I love his raspy baritone voice. He needs to work on his stage presence, but that can be fixed. So, there.

01. Amanda Brown
[TEAM ADAM]
From Amy Winehouse to Mariah Carey to Grace Potter to Aerosmith. Yes, Amanda Brown got it all covered. Haha. She's just so VERSATILE. There's a certain thinness in her upper register than I'm not particularly fond of, but her range, vocal control and stage presence are phenomenal. She can seriously light up a stage. Oh, and she killed in the iTunes so that alone should make her the frontrunner at this point. Although Juliet Simms and Lyndsey Pavao killed it last year on iTunes and didn't avoid Jermaine Paul - who? - from winner. Haha.

4 comments:

dizzygirl said...

eh? i don't get Bryan Keith. i really didnt like any of his performance aside from santeria.

i love Nicholas and was so happy (and shocked) to know that america actually voted for him - yes, over MacKenzie and Diego. awesome!

I hate Dez's voice . I hate team xtina. haha!

X said...

I agree with dizzygirl... I don't get Bryan Keith. I also don't get Dez or Cody. I think all 3 of them are mediocre at best. That goes for the rest of Team Xtina as well.

My top four is Amanda, Terry, Melanie, and Michaela (not necessarily in that order). With Trevin and Nicholas finishing up the top 6.

So glad they are getting rid of the team aspect of the eliminations, because I want an all Team Blake-Team Adam finale (not that it really maters what I want =) ).

danni said...

I am actually almost completely pleased with the top 12, minus team CeeLo. I thought Mackenzie and Diego should have made it instead of Trevin and Nicholas. And I don't really like Adriana.

Anonymous said...

I would put top 2, Amanda and Terry. Although Terry would be my number one :) love his voice, sounds like a true legend! I never watch this show, but when I came across the performance of team blake and team adam with "Piece of Mind" on youtube and heard him sing, I became obsessed!lol he's too great.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...