Friday, November 16, 2012

X Factor 2: Top 12 Results Show

DOUBLE ELIMINATION! Well, they're running out of time for their scheduled Finale and they still have 12 more finalists left, so I expect more double eliminations in the next coming weeks. As for the results, I got one right and totally didn't see the other one coming. Who knew this person will be leaving the competition this early?

Oh, and Taylor Swift performed. Yeah, that happened.

RESULTS after the jump!!

SAFE
Arin Ray
Vino Alan
Carly Rose
Diamond White
Tate Stevens
Emblem 3
Beatrice Miller
CeCe Frey
Fifth Harmony

ELIMINATED
Lyric145

SING FOR SURVIVAL

Jennel Garcia
The Reason
I thought she sounded good - if a bit pitchy in parts - and connected with the material impressively. To me, Jennel is possibly one of the better vocalists in this season. It's such a shame that Demi didn't know what to do with her. 

Paige Thomas
Paradise
Wow. She delivered a stunning vocal performance just when she needed it the most. She's NOT the best singer in this bunch, but I think she has that star quality. This performance proved that she can sing and given the right material, she can be successful. Her pitch on this was spot on. Very nice.

LA REID sends home Jennel Garcia
BRITNEY SPEARS sends home Jennel Garcia
DEMI LOVATO sends home Paige Thomas
SIMON COWELL sends home Jennel Garcia

ELIMINATED
Jennel Garcia

RANKING BASED ON AMERICA'S VOTES
1. Tate Stevens
2. Carly Rose Sonenclar
3. Vino Alan
4. Emblem3
5. Cece Frey
6. Fifth Harmony
7. Diamond White
8. Beatrice Miller
9. Arin Ray
10.Paige Thomas

And suddenly, I lost interest on this show yet again. Deja vu from last season? Haha. I did see Lyric145's elimination, but not Jennel. Maybe performing first and the fact that she was overpraised last night did her in. I think she's possibly one of the more talented people on this show and she got eliminated this early, which Demi Lovato was largely responsible. 

Also, I did like how Demi Lovato played Simon Cowell's "game". Simon was forcing Demi to eliminate Jennel by making her give her pick before him. She turned it around. Had he gone for Paige, it would have gone to deadlock and vote totals. That backfired because Simon turned out to be the bad guy. I thought that was very clever of her.

Lastly, revealing the order takes the fun out of it for some reason. Somehow, I like to think that my favorites actually have a chance - even if they don't. Haha. 

2 comments:

X said...

I thought Paige should have gone home... actually, if truth be told, I though Arin Ray should have gone home. I thought he was pretty bad... maybe not as bad as Lyric145 this week, but pretty bad.

I feel sorry for Cece and Jennel (not so much Paige, because I never cared for her anyways). They both showed a lot of promise in the audition process... then Demi got her hands on them.

Britney's choices aren't much better and I think she's hurting Beatrice the most. Carly Rose can sing anything and sing it great, so Britney probably can't screw her up. Oh, and I still find Britney annoying :)

I actually like them revealing the order. I wish they would go a step further and tell exactly how many votes each got.

dizzygirl said...

wow.. talk about singing for your life. paige was-- as britney would say-- AMAZING!

i love demi but i thought she should've had the balls and just sent jennel home. paige was the obvious winner.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...