Friday, November 30, 2012

X Factor 2: Top 8 Results Show

Another double elimination week? Well, with a few more weeks until the Finale, I expect more of this. Haha. Last night was a better week for almost everyone, but who ultimately got the ax? One things for sure, I'm not happy so far.

Oh, and Alicia Keys and Josh Krajcik - you know, Melanie Amaro's (X Factor Winner, just in case you're not aware) runner up. Haha.

RESULTS after the jump!!

ELIMINATED
Paige Thomas

SAFE
Fifth Harmony
Cece Frey
Emblem3
Carly Rose Sonenclar
Tate Stevens

SING FOR SURVIVAL

Diamond White
I Was Here
This was actually good. She was off pitch a couple of times, but she delivered the performance nicely especially since the song is seriously hard to pull off live with all the runs, key changes and whatnot. Not her best, but good nonetheless.

Vino Alan
Trouble
Possibly one of his better performances on this show. I thought he showcased his voice tremendously well on this song, he connected with the material impressively and he got soul. 

LA REID sends home Diamond White
BRITNEY SPEARS sends home Vino Alan
DEMI LOVATO sends home Vino Alan
SIMON COWELL sends home Vino Alan

 ELIMINATED
Vino Alan

RANKING BASED ON AMERICA'S VOTES
1. Carly Rose Sonenclar
2. Tate Stevens
3. Emblem3
5. Cece Frey
6. Diamond White

I've never been a big fan of Vino Alan although I do recognize his talent. I think he has a great voice with a lot of soul and passion, but I just can't get into Vino. I don't know. There's something off putting about him. So yes, his elimination - though a bit unexpected as he's been consistently ranked third - didn't really matter to me.

Paige Thomas' elimination, on the other hand, though NOT surprising made me sad. I grew to love her. I was not a fan before the live shows, but she proved me wrong every week. I thought ALL her performances were exhilarating despite some pitch issues. She may not be the best vocalist in the bunch, but Paige has the X Factor and a good recording voice. Well, at least she went out on her best performance no?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...