Thursday, May 20, 2010

American Idol 9: Top 3 Results Show

Casey James. Well, I’m pretty sure he knew this was coming and honestly feels lucky to have made it onto the Final 3. Third place in American Idol is not too shabby and Casey can, and will, go home feeling incredibly proud of his journey. Frankly, when I first saw his audition I NEVER thought he would even make the Top 12 let alone finish in third place. Casey had an uneven record with a few brilliant moments, some average fun performances, and a couple of awful nights, but managed to really prove his talent. Sadly, the only chance he had to make the Finale was to hit a home run with one of his song choices last night. But he didn't and so we had a very predictable evening. Ha.

UPDATE: CRYSTAL WON THE COIN TOSS! She’s going second!

We’ve reached the end of the road! Next week will be the Finale and we will watch Crystal Bowersox and Lee Dewyze face off in a quasi-epic head to head! After that, we will start all over again with American Idol Season 10. Yay!

But, before we do, let’s talk a little bit about some of my observations about the rest of the episode:
  • I saw the Top 12 together again! Yay!
  • 47 votes from last night. Wow. Last year's Top 3 garnered over 80 million votes. That's low.
  • Lee looked like a hobbit standing next to Casey James. Haha. And Ryan? He's Thumbelina! 
  • So tell me, when did Idol turn into a talk show? Ryan, no one wants you to play therapist in the beginning of the show.
  • Lee, can you say one sentence that ends in a period and doesn’t run on and on and on and on and use some modulation and EMOTION?
  • Three minutes in and I'm bored. This is the driest Top 3 EVER! And just to entertain myslef: Lee so far has 11 you knows and 7 likes. Haha.
  • Oooh. Touche Casey! "Not every single comment was usable." So much truth. Take that judges!
  • My obligatory comment on the Ford music video: This is the last one! 
  • Casey's homecoming. It's touching and sweet. First, Casey signed a dog. Haha. Too funny. And then he visited the hospital who saved his life. Casey’s a nice guy.
  • "Tickets are selling very faster!" Yeah okay. Haha. I don't believe you Seacrest.
  • Eww. Perez Hilton! Get out of my screen! Can I sue Idol for putting that annoying Perez on TV and making me vomit, followed by a horrendous wannabe nobody singing performance? 
  • Why is idol being used as a platform for Perez's terrible musical discoveries? That said, this guy - I don't even want to type his name here -  is Justin Bieber ten years down the road. Haha.
  • Crystal's homecoming.  It's amazing and they're playing her song, Holy Toledo! Wow. 
  • I think it’s hilarious that Crystal brought her camera to snap pictures of all the people snapping pictures of her.
  • BOWERSTOCK!
  • Lee's homecoming. Gah! His package is hard to watch with out shedding a tear. When he lost it for a second while singing, I nearly did. Gah! I'm glad that's over - manhood still intact. Haha. 
  • These stupid packages are too emotional, I like it. Haha.
  • Wait, the show came back from commercial and Aaron Kelly was performing a song? What’s going on? Oh, my bad.. that was actually Justin Bieber. Haha. Ok. Bathroom break.
  • RESULTS!!! Waaahhh..
FINAL 2!!
Lee Dewyze
Crystal Bowersox

ELIMINATED
Casey James

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...