Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Glee Season 1: Laryngitis Episode Review

Laryngitis
Season 1, Episode 18 
Hm. I can't process everything right at this moment apparently. Haha. I don't know. I feel an odd mixture of joy and sort of disappointment with this episode.

Sure, it started off fantastic but the second half just went tentative for me. I mean, I loved Rachel singing The Climb horribly and the look on everyone's faces - especially Brittany's. But, that was the ONLY big laugh-out-loud moment I had tonight, which made this an unusual Glee episode for me.

Storyline-wise, I liked the Mercedes-Puck plot line, especially the way it was resolved. I thought that particular storyline was hilarious and I kind of liked the way his relationship with Mercedes was portrayed. Kurt's story, on the other hand, was endearing but it all seemed odd. I don't know.

Now, the musical performances were a mixed bag as well. Jessie's Girl was good and probably the best Finn has ever sounded. Lady Is A Tramp was decent. Puck owned it but got less epic when Mercedes went up to join him. I thought her voice didn't mesh well with Puck as I was hoping it would for the song.

Santana and Mercedes singing The Boy Is Mine was epic and pretty intense. I thought both of them acted the crap out of that tune. Pink Houses was kind of awkward for me but I think it was meant to be that way. One was a letdown though. There was no 'show-stopping' aspect to it that the big ensemble numbers usually have.

Good thing, there was Kurt's version of Rose's Turn. To me, this was not only the best musical performance in the episode, but probably one of the best solos in the series! Seriously. It was heartbreaking, sarcastic, bitter and beautifully executed.

And as for my favorite character Brittany? She's amazing as usual. My face almost fell off when I saw her making out with Kurt. Haha. My favorite line of her this week: "I wonder what it's like to date a baby." Haha. Ridiculous.

Download the songs HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...