Thursday, May 13, 2010

American Idol 9: Top 4 Results Show

Michael Lynche. Not much to say, really. I’m pretty sure we had all come to the conclusion, barring an outrageous shock elimination, that Casey James or Michael Lynche would be shown the door with a very prestigious fourth place finish. So, the elimination fell to Big Mike who gave it his all last night, but couldn’t best Casey James. Now, he has had a few rather incredible moments on the program that he can be incredibly proud about. But, if I’m being honest, I really didn’t care what happened tonight, as long as Crystal and Lee made it to the Top 3.

STUDIO VERSIONS ARE UP SINCE YESTERDAY. Check it out HERE.

We are now only two eliminations away from choosing the next American Idol! Who’s excited? This guy! Oh… umm, I’m pointing at myself with my thumbs. Haha. Tonight, Daughtry and Fantasia perform their new singles - September and Bittersweet respectively. Bon Jovi is also set to perform.

Now, let’s move on with some comments and observations about the rest of the episode:
  • What a dramatic opening. Seriously. Haha. 
  • 37 million votes last night! It was the highest vote total of the season. So, you know, there’s that. 
  • Nice touch American Idol. It is funny to have Chris Daughtry return on Top 4 elimination night. Irony is always a nice touch.
  • Fantasia performs her new single, Bittersweet.  Yes. She still sounds good, has a very distinctive voice and totally recognizable. I love her! I think Simon’s going to like this better than what she did last time. Haha. That was epic! Wait, is that Big Mike doing back-up singing? Haha. NOT!
  • Ford Commercial: Not worthy for me to write anything about it. Boring! Haha.
  • Sigh. I love when they show these homecoming videos of the past contestants. Footages of when American Idol was so good. Yes, past tense. Haha. Archuleta. Allen. Lambert. Cook. Sparks. Underwood. Yamin. Waah. Overload.
  • The contestant's families were on the couches! Man, that looked like the worst top 8 in Idol history. 
  • I wonder why they announced Casey’s safety first? I mean, it kind of killed the suspense for the rest of the hour. 
  • Chris Daughtry performs his single, September. This is my favorite track of his latest album, Leave This Town. And listen up Casey, that is how you work the goat vibrato on your voice! Hm. Maybe this performance is a foreshadowing and Lee is getting Daughtry'd tonight. Oh no.
  • Again, was I supposed to be feeling a great amount of suspense when Crystal was standing next to Mike at the end?  
  • Bon Jovi performs a song Superman. I hated the song mainly because it had nothing to do with the Last Son of Krypton. Really. 
  • Aww, see, Big Mike is a sweet guy. Hm.
ELIMINATED
Michael Lynche

SAFE
Casey James
Lee Dewyze
Crystal Bowersox

2 comments:

Joyceee said...

good thing it's not crystal! but i don't like her anymore. am a lee-fan now! haha hope it's a lee-crystal finale

DAM THE NATION said...

You don't like Crystal anymore? But why? Well, I'm still hoping for a Lee-Crysta finale but I don't want Lee to win because I've had enough of the whole 'white boy with guitar' type of winners. He, to me, is like a David Cook lite.

That said, I have this funny feeling that Lee will win this season knowing that the demo of the show recently has been mostly girls and cougars. Haha.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...