Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Glee Music 2: The Rocky Horror Glee Show

Here are the songs for the next Glee episode, The Rocky Horror Glee Show.

These are already the legit versions but let me remind you that I just created the cover art of each song I posted here because I don't think they'll be making any for each single - they'll release an EP for this episode. Enjoy!

Download the original The Rocky Horror Picture Show HERE.

I'll be back with the review of each song within the day. I have to watch the original first for reference.

Science Fiction/Double Feature
I think this one stayed true to the original. However, I can't really tell who's singing what. It sounds like Quinn, and then it sounds like Santana, then it sounds like Tina. The whole confusion is seriously driving me up the wall. Haha. Regardless, it's a nice version of the song. I'd say, it's pretty. 7/10
DOWNLOAD

Dammit, Janet
I love this Rachel-Finn duet. It's so quirky and fun. I think both are dorky enough for this to work well in their favor. These two have a wonderful chemistry and are a great comedic duo. Of course, without the context of the original movie, I could see why people might not like this. But, I can totally picture Finn and Rachel singing this song and it's a perfect fit for them. 8/10
DOWNLOAD

Whatever Happened To Saturday Night?
 Fun and everything, but this doesn't blow me away. But, Carl (John Stamos) is working it for me. Ha! The song, itself, is pretty catchy. So, I'm looking forward to the actual performance. 7/10
DOWNLOAD

Sweet Transvestite
I wonder why they chose Mercedes to play the transvestite. Haha. Yes, a girl is playing the role of Frank. I would have rather had Santana play the role if they'll cast a woman instead, but this version is FIERCE! Sure, this one is totally different from the original and somehow pales in comparison, yet I still adore Mercedes' take. There is a bit of over-singing but I like the sassy diva feel to it. 8/10
DOWNLOAD

Touch A Touch A Touch A Touch Me
My least favorite track in this EP. I don't know if Emma sucked some helium before recording this song because I'm not digging the tone of her voice. That being said, Susan Sarandon isn't the best singer of all time either, so this isn't too bad if compared to the original. I just hope the show will make the scene funny instead of something sexy, or worse, romantic. 5/10  
DOWNLOAD


There's A Light (Over At the Frankenstein Place)
One of my favorite tracks for this episode. I think Rachel sounds sensational and Finn's harmony is brilliant. Of course, Kurt gets a part too. Personally, I like the feel of this version in contrast to the original. It sounds superb, but with Rachel in it, did we expect less? 9/10
DOWNLOAD

Time Warp
Probably my favorite track. It is just a fun cast song that we don't get very often. There were some small changes, but nothing that took away from the original but instead made it special in its own way. Oh, and I love how almost everyone gets a part in this song. Quinn sounds really good and Santana is just pure love. 9/10
DOWNLOAD

 DOWNLOAD
(all 7 tracks)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...