Friday, October 22, 2010

Glee Music 2: Sweet Transvestite (John Stamos Demo)

According to rumors, John Stamos' character, Carl, was originally set to play the role of the transvestite Dr. Frank-N-Furter in the coming episode, The Rocky Horror Glee Show, instead of Mercedes. Well, I'm not so sure if I'm relieved that he's not donning some fishnet stockings on a highschool play - especially since he's technically a random guy, that's creppy - or I'm disappointed that, at least, a guy will actually play the transvestite role. Ha!

Now, his demo leaked and it obviously sounds more like the original because, yes, he's a man playing a transvestite - not like a girl (Mercedes) playing that role, which makes it a bit confusing and odd. That said, Mercedes' vocals were, as usual, impeccable and fierce. So, whatever. I'll let you be the judge of this. Enjoy!

ETA: So, apparently, this is not John Stamos. Hmm. Thanks to Anonymous for clearing this out.

LINK IS REMOVED

13 comments:

Denman said...

Super like! Haha. Such as shame we won't see Dr. Frank-N-Furter played by man.

DAM THE NATION said...

Den: As for me, I'm good with anyone. But it's creepy though to think of a random guy (Stamos) playing a transvestite in a high school play and seducing two students on stage. LOL

Denman said...

Oh my Lord. Hindi ko naisip yun. Haha! Ang pangit nga. It might look OK kung si Kurt ang mag-po-portray since he's gay naman and viewers are OK with him being gay, kaso napunta sa kanya yung role ni Riff-Raff.

DAM THE NATION said...

Den: Haha. Kurt is perfect for Riff Raff. I would've preferred Santana sa Dr. Frank. Haha.

Denman said...

Galing mo talaga. Oo nga, perfect si Santana for that role. She is super flirty and bisexual after all. Haha!

DAM THE NATION said...

Den: Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

This isn't Glee - its a band called Spit Like This.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OwSX1Xkn0o

This has been circulating for quite a while but unfortunately it isn't John Stamos's demo.

Anonymous said...

and if you dont believe me or their are sceptics out there in the digital world this is the band performing it live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0REsYmMnk2s&feature=related

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous: Thanks for the heads up! :) I saw the live video and he sounds exactly the recording. :)

Ben Ross said...

Your welcome. Trying not to be critical but helpful. I love your blog and it gets me through my boring day!

Anonymous said...

I can confirm that this is in fact the UK band SPiT LiKE THiS. The link to the tune released in 2008 originally is here http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/sweet-transvestite-bonus-track/id352572612?i=352572980&ign-mpt=uo%3D4"

DAM THE NATION said...

Ben Ross: Thank you! :) I'm glad you're enjoying my site.

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous: Thanks for the confirmation! I really appreciate it. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...