Monday, December 6, 2010

Glee Music 2: A Very Glee Christmas

Here are the songs for Glee's last episode for this year, A Very Glee Christmas. So far, these are the songs that reportedly will be featured in next week's episode. Three of the four songs are also part of their Christmas album, Glee: The Music, Christmas Album, which was released a few weeks ago.

Now, I'm not so sure if they will include more songs for next episode, but I'll post it once I've confirmed the others - if there's any. For the meantime, enjoy!

ETA: Ok. So, I've seen the episode and 6 tracks from the album and 1 additional track actually made it to the actual episode. Thus, I'll be posting two more songs here! Also, Welcome Christmas is already the iTunes version.

We Need A Little Christmas
It's nice. It's light and airy. I have to be honest, the first time I listen to this, Kurt's voice is a little jarring for me - possibly because it's the highest he's sang all season. But, his "cartoonish" singing works perfectly here. I'm still not a fan of Kurt's upper register, but whatever. This song puts me in a Christmas mode. Seriously. 8/10

Baby, It's Cold Outside
I have no words. Haha. Of course, I do. I love the old school feel to the arrangement. I think that really does it for me for this song. It's sweet and light and so familiar. It gives me that warm, Christmas fuzzies - the perfect feeling for the most wonderful time of the year. Haha. Yes, this is pretty repetitive and if you're not into the characters that much or any of that, it's probably kind of dull. But personally, I really enjoy Blaine and Kurt's voices together. It's like warm honey in this song. I can't stop listening to this song. 9/10

Merry Christmas, Darling
As usual, Rachel rocks this song. She is just wonderful. It's a great fit for her voice and what a warm, smooth performance of this song. Obviously, Rachel is singing this for Finn and I think this could really be a moment for these two. It sounds fantastic and I'm very pleased. 9/10

Welcome Christmas
To be honest, it's a bit silly that they recorded another song that's not part of their Christmas album. Ha! But, whatever. I like this. They sound lovely as a group. I like the fact that it's really hard to tell who's singing what. Closer to the end, I can sort of hear Tina and maybe Artie, but barely. It's definitely a good mixture of all their voices and they all kind of complemented each other here. 8/10
DOWNLOAD

Last Christmas
Very sweet. I heard it ages ago when it was released last year, but this is a catchy tune as well. My only complaint is that I wish the vocals were more balanced or equal. It was released almost a year ago so it has lost its edge a tinsy bit, but it can still hold its own with all the new Christmas tracks. It's a really good version, and I always love a Rachel-Finn duet. 8/10
DOWNLOAD

The Most Wonderful Day Of The Year
I'm loving the old, classic sound to this! They sound phenomenal. I have that same feeling I used to get as a kid when I would hear the Christmas songs. I love the old fashioned feel of it, and it definitely helped me like the song better. Great job. Oh, and I love the little talking parts, especially Brittany's. Haha. 8/10
DOWNLOAD

You're A One Mean Mr. Grinch
Meh. The narration is uncomfortable to listen to and the cover pales in comparison to the original. Plus, I could have done without it. The very random KD Lang sounds great and I think it's a great match for her voice. But it's very.. blah.. for me. I could forgive them for not using Jane Lynch in it if they had done a better job. I'm not very enthusiastic about this song at all. The harmonizing parts sound nice, but.. again.. BLAH. 5/10
 DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD
(all 8 tracks)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...